AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Mitsubishi WD-73838. I am getting the starter kit. If I am using the emitter and the glasses that go with it, can I use DLP Link glasses at the same time?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coujac
I just purchased a Mitsubishi WD-73838. I am getting the starter kit. If I am using the emitter and the glasses that go with it, can I use DLP Link glasses at the same time?
You don't need the starter kit, just DLP link glasses.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coujac
Yes, the Optomas can be used with the IR glasses at the same time because their lenses can be reversed with the push of a button to match the sync of the ir glasses.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coujac /forum/post/19539626

It has been reported that the right eye, left eye sync of the IR glasses is opposite that of DLP-Link glasses (other than the switchable Viewsonics), but there's good news. That model TV has a firmware update available that eliminates the need for the adapter that comes with the Starter Kit.

There is no need to buy the Starter Kit, as you will be able to use DLP-Link glasses exclusively, or you can purchase IR glasses with an emitter, cheaper than the Starter Pack.

You can purchase the Mits emitter separately from Mits parts (800) 553-7278. Order Part #SSG-2100ME/ZA.

If you purchase the emitter, you can use Samsung glasses http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ung+3d+glasses , or these http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/dlp3dwiglfis.html

·
Registered
895 Posts
You can mix Viewsonic PGD-150 DLP link glasses with IR emitter glasses. The Viewsonics have a switch to reverse. The Optomas look the same, but the switch apparently does not serve the same function (see the DLP shutter glasses thread).

·
Registered
5,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool /forum/post/19542738

You can mix Viewsonic PGD-150 DLP link glasses with IR emitter glasses. The Viewsonics have a switch to reverse. The Optomas look the same, but the switch apparently does not serve the same function (see the DLP shutter glasses thread).

Thanks for the correction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts