AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've been a long time lurker here on AVS and I'm having a problem with getting 3D to work from my computer to my projector. My setup is as follows:

Computer with a R9 270x using HDMI out (using a 1.4 cable) to my Sony DH810 Receiver (supports 3d pass through) to my Epson 2030. My content is downloaded currently, I don't have any 3D blu-rays yet as I wanted to get an idea of how it looked before I picked up anything. If it matters the downloaded content is half-sbs according to the title. I'm using VLC as my player for the file and I've switched the setting to Anaglyph 3D which took my two half pictures to one with a lot of the 3D outlines on the screen. I'm using a pair of Samsung 5150's which properly registered with the projector when I paired them (I replaced the battery in these as well for good measure). When I press the 2D/3D button on the remote for the projector I get the following message - The current input image/settings do not display in 3D. I've got it set on auto detection as well. So basically after this i'm stumped.

I'm not sure if it's the following things or something completely different.

The content I'm playing (tried a few different files so far)
The player I'm using (VLC but I did set it to 3d mode)
A setting somewhere in my video card that I haven't found yet (I've scoured the display options and the AMD Catalyst Control Center)
A setting on my receiver to allow the pass through possibly
A setting on my projector

Both of my HDMI Cables are 1.4 and I've tried a second set as well.

Thanks again in advance and any help is definitely appreciated.

Jon

p.s. Will be happy to upload any screenshots of settings if need be, just didn't want to pollute the message with unneeded

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Don't set the player to Anaglyph 3D just play it back normal you should see two images side by side on the projector. Go to the 3D settings on the projector and set it to SBS and you should be good to go. The projector should merge the two images together and activate the glasses sync. VLC is not capable of playing a blu ray 3d in full 1080p from an ISO, you need powerDVD or another commercial player to do that.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Try Stereographic video player. Works awesome for me. I actually use the nvidia 3D video player, but it's just a rebranded Stereographic video player.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts