AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just came across the VIP 3D line and am thinking of picking it up but debating between the theater for 200 and the plus for 400. The only difference I can find online between the two is that the Plus has 1080p output in 3d and that it is 7.1 (which shouldn't matter anyway since the sound should be dealt with my receiver not this device). In fact what is the point of the 7.1 on the plus??? Also does anyone have this product and a darbee 5000??? and if so do you have the darbee last in the line up??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now my set up is:

A/V Receiver - Yamaha RX-V667 (3D Ready) 7.2

Speakers - Energy CC-10 (center), CF-70 (fronts), CB-5 (surrounds), and CF-30 (rears)

Subwoofer - BIC PL-200

Projector - Optoma GT720 (720p 3D ready projector)

Television - Toshiba 40G300U.... Will eventually upgrade to a 55 or 60 inch.

I have a PS3, X-Box 360, and Desktop computer hooked up to it along with cable box

I plan on rebuilding my home theater room and adding a buttkicker (tactile transducer) and the darbeevision (darblet) 5000 video enhancer. I also plan on getting the PS4 and possibly the X Box one later this year as well as upgrading to the 3D cable if this is really as awesome as the you tube video up-loaders say it is.

I primarily use the TV for games since it's 1080p and my projector for movies (I do occasionally mix it up).

·
Registered
817 Posts
Why would you need the 3D processor, if you only watch movies on the projector and have a PC connected to it? You can play the movies from the PC, with minimum investment (

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the PC I'm using is rather bare bones and from 4 years ago so I'm not sure if I could get that NVIDIA 3D let alone know how to use it. I also want to be able to get 3d on my tv for games and what not. Besides the portability factor of the small processor. I watch most of my movies via blu ray or netflix on PS3.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
One thing the OP will have to know is that the VIP units are intended to work with consumer electronics such as set-top boxes and Blu-Ray/DVD players. They don't play well at all with PCs, unless the PC can be set to output consumer electronics standard resolutions and timings. Normal PC output is different and will give no picture with the VIP boxes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually ended up pulling the trigger on the VIP theater plus. I found it for $275.00 which for the price and the excellent reviews I've been reading I ended up ordering it. I also went with the RF glasses vs the IR/DLP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts