AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am having trouble playing an 3D iso. I am using a desktop, benq htW2000/ht3050, GPU amd hd5770, win 7x64, benq glasses. Sbs/OU work fine with MPC HC with madvr. I set my display at 24hz from amd ccc.
Tried 2 3d BR, geostorm and cars 3.
I understand that 3d iso's do not work with madvr on win7 and require win10. Indeed, when I tried to play it, for geostorm it did not work at all (I can play the ssif file, but not in 3d), and cars 3 it goes into normal mode.

I have tried stereoscopic player, however I cannot find the frame packing option, the interlaced options don't work.
I tried TMT6 and PowerDVD16 (with redfox), both perform the same.
For geostorm ,when I load the image into the program, the projector goes into 3d mode on AUTO on 1080p24, not frame packing, and it looks similar to OU (the bottom half of the upper image overlaps with the upper half of the bottom image). The PJ does not resyinc when selecting frame packing from auto, but does resync if I select OU or SBS.It seems the PJ is correctly detecting the format, however when I sync the glasses the image is not right. Same thing if I select OU/SBS, it does not work either.
For cars 3 the same thing happens only here the entire 2 images overlap (and fit the screen). If I close one eye I can see one of the 2 images perfectly.

I'm not sure what the problem is, could it be due to the video card maximum resolution 2560 x 1600?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Check your overscan setting if you're running from PC. Make sure output is set to 1080p. Just a couple things I would check first.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Youtube sbs and ou work fine (on 1080p24). I did try youtube via powerdvd and it stalled when loading a video. I uninstalled my version and installed the latest trial but that did not work either. The trial does not support 3d bluray.

Overscan (in the amd driver) is at 0%, it goes to 15% underscan. The Use the scaling values instead of the customized settings when the desktop resolution does not match your DFP resolution was unchecked. I played around with these 2 settings to no avail. I also tried the other Pixel Format settings (RGB full/limited, YCbCr 444), no diference. It's currently at 422.

The image is mounted with daemon tools, however Pdvd can open the file by itself. I also tried with/without redfox.
Not sure what the issue is, I could try to get another 3d bluray, but if it dosen't work I don't want to downgrade to ou/sbs.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Pdvd doesn't work with YT 3D any longer, once they removed flash support, last I heard. Yes, Pdvd doesn't support frame packing in trial, I tried it too and couldn't get it to work, never bought it. Personally if I play from disc I just play from PS3 anymore. Are you connected via HDMI? and also does your GPU support HDMI 1.4? Check your projector and see if you can manually select frame packing 3D mode. Try connecting a stand alone player if you have one and confirm you have 3D frame packing from player to projector. Problem has to be on your PC end, just have to figure out where.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pdvd doesn't work with YT 3D any longer, once they removed flash support, last I heard. Yes, Pdvd doesn't support frame packing in trial, I tried it too and couldn't get it to work, never bought it. Personally if I play from disc I just play from PS3 anymore. Are you connected via HDMI? and also does your GPU support HDMI 1.4? Check your projector and see if you can manually select frame packing 3D mode. Try connecting a stand alone player if you have one and confirm you have 3D frame packing from player to projector. Problem has to be on your PC end, just have to figure out where.
I think the gpu might be the problem, even though it's the first gen to support 3d, it does not have hdmi 1.4a.

HDMI® (With 3D, Deep Color and x.v.Color™)

• Max resolution: 1920x12009
3D stereoscopic display/glasses support10
10.Requires 3D stereo drivers, glasses, and display.

I'm going to try another gpu, hope that works out.

Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I upgraded to a GTX 1060 and still having issues. SBS and OU work fine,
Using arcsoft tmt, in the viewing environment I have 4 options: nvidia 3d vision ready display, micro polarized 3d lcd, 3d ready dlp hdtv, and other display. If I select the nvidia option the image becomes similar to anaglyph. It does not switch over to any kind of 3d.
If I change to frame packing manually the same issue as above appears (half images).
Selecting the 3rd option I get a fuzzy image, but does not go to 3d, if switched the same issue as above appears.
I tried switching stereostopic 3d on an off, to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
You're seeking support for a player that hasn't been supported for years because the company dropped it. Use a different current supported player either free or paid. You will be able to enjoy any and all formats of 3D in any and all containers. I suggest 3D frame packed in an iso. Details in my signature.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Did the NVidia 3D setup test work? If yes, then set PowerDVD to Auto (this gives you frame-packed; none of the other formats will work), and try again. TMT should work too, on Win7. Both players should switch automatically to [email protected]. If that does not work, borrow and try with a dedicated 3D bluray player, to eliminate the projector as the problem.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I finally got it working with corel's bd player. PDVD for whatever reason does not work.
It was not that straightforward, I have to keep the 3d stereoscopic on in order for it to work.
Thanks everybody.

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
I've been using PD DVD player for several years on a win7 computer with a FirePro 3D graphics card V8800. It plays all iso files in frame packed from hard drive. It plays them from the BluRay as well. The default is 1080p24 for 3D BluRay. PD DVD player does display a warning that it only plays 3D in full screen. In order to play an MP4 file in Over/Under or SBS the monitor has to be manually put in that mode of 3D.

Earlier today I undated my PD DVD program with the latest version and it still played the iso frame packed 3D with no problems. Tested Sleeping Beauty, Blade Runner 2049, Boss Baby, and two of my own 3D productions rendered in Vegas Pro to iso file.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I managed to get TMT6 working, but not pdvd. When I try to use it the refresh rate changes to 23hz, when I change it back from nvidia cp it jt goes right back. The file is played, but without 3d effects. It does not go into exclusive mode (only happened once, image was still without 3d).

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally figured out what the problem was.
The issue started manifesting itself again, so I reinstalled the players, the iso loader, and anydvd, but that did not fix it.

I decided to reinstall the nvidia drivers after clearing it with ddu, which fixed it.

So for whatever reason, from time to time the nvidia 3d drivers just stop working and have to be reinstalled. Afterwards reinstalling them I went and updated to the latest driver, which seems to work fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts