AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3D-MEDIA.tv -- a guy pulls off to the side of the road, pulls out his consumer camera and makes a 3D documentary, does that about sum it up???

So, after waiting, reading the reviews, admiring the nice colorful covers, I've decided I will not buy anything from this group. I first got interested in their Yellowstone feature, but after waiting for the reviews to come in because I just didn't want to go in first and blind, I read how consistently bad each of their releases have been. Now don't get me wrong, I know you can't compare them to NatGeo or Discovery or IMAX quality filming, but you really should have half a clue before deciding to market your work.

And I'm completely understanding with amateur filming as I'm at that point myself but looking at their catalog, which is extensive with 3D titles (and now it seems they've delved into 4K), you'd think at some point along the way they'd have learned a thing or two. It appears this group is just what you would call "Cashing In" or "Riding the Wave" on 3D (and now 4K), taking advantage of 3D enthusiasts looking for great 3D content.

I'm hoping to one day get some content out there so I'm sure I'll get some tough criticism too, but I know I can at least get enough quality footage that's relevant to the subject matter and edit it appropriately, otherwise I'll just keep it for my own personal viewing and not make a fool of myself. When you read some of the reviews, and some of them are very specific, it makes you wonder if anybody is at the helm on these.

So just how bad are these titles? There has to be a few brave souls here, come on, admit it, you got suckered by that cover! lol!

·
Banned
2,411 Posts
I rented Yellowstone: America's Greatest Wonder produced by 3D-Media.tv and thought it was awful. The 3D was very amateurish, and the voice over sounded computer generated--though others have disputed that. I only watched about 30 minutes of it, and it was so boring and repetitive I turned it off.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I watched Magical Forest and Yellowstone and cut it off after about 10 minutes, the 3D wasn't that good and often scenes were blurry and they both bored me.

This guy has been making numerous 3D movies since about 2011 and seems to film things fast, throw it together and sell it. I am not even sure how the hell he was able to sell his movies in stores as bad as they are?! Yes, the company is just one little guy living in Panama doing it all, but trying hard to make it look like a massive filming production company. I think he even has friends filming in other countries for him now sending him the video footage for him to sell so it looks as if they travel world wide to film. If you visit his website, http://3d-media.tv/wp/ and click the about section. You can see all the camera photos he grabbed from the web to make it look like that is what they use for filming.

Long ago a few mentioned that he used some footage from my Marine World 3D movie in one of his underwater movies, I never saw this so can't say if it's true or not. Customers that had bought my movie and saw my Youtube videos contacted me months later saying they bought his Aquarium 3D movie and many of my scenes were in there. I could never find the movie to watch and find out.

I myself have made some amateur 3D movies, Fukuoka Car Show, Marine World, Hirado, Kuju Hana Koen and sold them. I must admit 3D is quite hard to film and what I myself think looks good in 3D to others may not and may hurt their eyes. But unlike 3D-Media, I try hard to make mine at least look half way decent so others will enjoy it. I do my best to take my time and edit because I don't want others to think it is trash.

I am in the process of making another 3D movie "I haven't made one in a very long time" and doing my best to make it good, even got aerial 3D footage with a quadcopter. It won't be IMAX quality like of course, but I take my time editing to make it look decent and be interesting. I just hope when people buy my movies, they don't think the same as they do of 3D-Media's.

Their 3D movies are garbage that yes, looks like he pulls over to the side of the road and films fast and sells it.

On Ebay he was selling 3D movies where he drives a car down the street filming with his 3D cam, the cam being held up and shaking. That was the entire movie.. Nothing more! Another showed scenes at the beach where the cam followed girls in bikinis, half the time the cam was facing the ground. I found one selling here on Ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3D-Bikini-Beach-Babes-Issue-/221351167005?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item33898ec41d

Anyone could do this and it is not worth the money to buy some shaky 3D footage a guy took driving his dumb car down a road!

Another one to look out for is 3D Family Entertainment, a guy based in the states but is Russian. He films things in horrible looking boring 3D and then burns it onto disc, often times not even edited. After I started using my quadcopter for aerial 3D shots, he then used a quadcopter for his movies.

This is a scene on Youtube that says a test, but was actually in his movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G202-j42Fjs The footage just looks horrible! The movie is sold here, http://www.ebay.com/itm/201063702852

This is aerial footage I have taken for my upcoming 3D movie, this footage is in 2D here on Youtube and not all this will be used. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y_7rcEINUA

Notice the difference haha?! I am using $3,000 worth of equipment to get that steady smooth aerial footage. Not some AR Drone flown by an iPhone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts