AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Update: List of online streaming trailers in post #13! Thanks BleedOrange11

It's always nice to get early impressions of the 3D quality in upcoming movies.

If you have an experience to share, please include what film and theater chain you were at.

If you find a 3D trailer online on biohemmet.se or Youtube, please let us know. Let's keep it limited though to future theatrical releases.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just saw Men in Black.

These trailers played in front of it:

Amazing Spiderman

Prometheus

Great Gatsby

Paranorman

Amazing Spiderman was all about the webslinging and action. That stuff looked great. The dialog scenes on the other hand were nothing special.

Prometheus, which seems to be the most anticipated 3D movie of 2012, looked tastefully done.

Great Gatsby trailer was incredible. Fantastic really. Max 3D in almost every shot. I read that Lurhmann was having trouble and shot 2D at times, but I didn't see any evidence of that, other than one shot with Dicaprio indoors while it was raining outside, I saw a little ring of distortion around him. But the other shots? Incredible. Really benefits from 3D. Really stunning looking stereography. In terms of 3D, it's now my most anticipated movie of 2012, and only Life of Pi has a chance to dethrone it!

·
Registered
396 Posts

Theatrical 3D Trailers List:

6/8/12
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (L&R frames swapped)

Prometheus #1
Prometheus #2

6/22/12
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Brave (Russian)

- Trailer #1 on Toy Story 3D Collection BD3Ds

7/3/12
The Amazing Spider-Man #1

- Also on Underworld: Awakening BD3D
The Amazing Spider-Man #2
The Amazing Spider-Man #3

- Seen in theaters

The Amazing Spider-Man #4
The Amazing Spider-Man #5

7/5/12

Katey Perry: Part of Me

7/13/12

Ice Age: Continental Drift (French)

7/27/12
Step Up Revolution (German)

8/8/12

Nitro Circus: The Movie

8/17/12
ParaNorman

- Also in front of Men in Black III

9/14/12

Finding Nemo
Resident Evil: Retribution #1

- Also on Underworld: Awakening BD3D

Resident Evil: Retribution #2 (German)

9/21/12

Dredd

- Seen at Comic-Con 2012

9/28/12

Hotel Transylvania #1

Hotel Transylvania #2

10/1/12

IMAX: Flight of the Butterflies

10/5/12

Frankenweenie #1

- Also on John Carter BD3D

Frankenweenie #2

10/26/12

Silent Hill: Revelation

11/1/12

Static

11/2/12

Wreck-It Ralph (French)

11/21/12

Life of Pi
Rise of the Guardians #1

Rise of the Guardians #2

12/14/12
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

12/21/12

Circque du Soleil: Worlds Away

12/25/12
The Great Gatsby

- In front of Men in Black III

1/4/13

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

1/11/13

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

1/25/12

Battle of the Year: Dream Team

2/8/13

47 Ronin

2/14/13

Escape from Planet Earth

3/8/13

Oz: The Great and Powerful (Spanish)

3/22/13

Jack the Giant Killer

The Croods

3/29/13

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

5/3/13

Iron Man 3

5/17/13

Epic (French)
Star Trek 2

6/14/13

Man of Steel

6/21/13

Monster's University (French)

- In front of Brave

International:

6/1/12

Cinderella 3D (Russian)

6/28/12

Painted Skin: The Resurrection

8/15/12

Sammy's Adventures 2

9/27/12

Tai Chi 0

10/17/12

Asterix and Obelix: God Save Britannia (French)

10/25/12
Measuring the World (German)

Tai Chi Hero

10/27/12

009 Re: Cyborg (Japanese)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Ahead of the film's November release, Fox will unveil new segments with screenings of "Prometheus," "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" and "Ice Age: Continental Drift."

Ang Lee's upcoming 3D film, Life of Pi, is getting the special trailer treatment, according to The New York Times.

Twentieth Century Fox has decided to roll out a series of trailers featuring uncut scenes from the movie so that the 3D special effects have a better chance to shine in theaters. Life of Pi is adapted from Yann Martel's adventure novel of the same name about a boy stranded on a boat with a Bengal tiger.

The Times reports that Fox will debut the first preview beginning Friday before 3D screenings of the sci-fi film Prometheus; the studio will also partner other clips with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (release date: June 22) and Ice Age: Continental Drift (July 13).

This film is special and different, and so we didn't want to give people the same-old, same-old, said Tom Rothman, co-chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment.

The studio will also release a conventional trailer ahead of Life of Pi's Nov. 21 release date. As far as the uncut 3D versions, Fox intends to reveal scenes in which a cargo ship filed with zoo animals sinks in the ocean.

The strategy echoes what Fox did with Avatar in 2009 by previewing a 15-minute teaser in theaters to drum up interest five months before the release of the 3D-enhanced James Cameron blockbuster.

Earlier this year, Fox had a Pi presentation at CinemaCon where the movie was very well received and left with awards-contender buzz. The studio recently announced that it had moved up the picture's opening up from Dec. 21 in order to avoid the Christmas rush of highly-anticipated releases such as Warner's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Peter Jackson's adaptation of the J.R.R. Tolkien book, and Universal' musical Les Miserables.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ang-lee-332623

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Life of pi trailer ... based on that I won't see that movie even if they paid me

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.