AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are occasional but somewhat regular comments from CRT aficionados about digital projectors lack of this quality. I've pretty much written them off as somewhat obsessed and pickier than me, and figured that it would be a non issue given sufficient contrast.

But I wonder if there's anything to this. The only digital projectors I've seen are Mark Foster's G1000, calibrated but way to dim on the screen size he had (my opinion is that sufficient brightness is the other primary element of subjective image depth) and an uncalibrated G15 he had on hand. I saw it too briefly to be able to make a judgement one way or another.

I now have a Toshiba TP61H95, and I love it's contrast and rich colors (ISF'd by Robert Busch) and perceived depth. I don't want to lose those qualities, but I aspire to a projector's bigger and better (resolution and video processing) image.

If you're one who values this quality, and especially if you previously had a CRT projector (including RPTV's), I'd like to hear your comments on this.

Thanks

------------------

Noah

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.