AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mistu 73" 738 user here with a HUGE problem:

I've been watching Bluray movies, playing games for about 2 weeks and just got Comcast3D and have also been watching shows and movies on there just fine. But this afternoon my PS3 will no longer display 3D on Bluray movies. I watched Piranha 3d this morning and it worked perfect. A few hours later it just will no longer work. Also put in others such as Tron and Rio and no luck. I believe that my PS3 auto-updated to 3.70. Could it be because of that? Games that I downloaded from PSN such as Tumble, Hustle Kings and AuditoriumHD work just fine in 3D but as soon as I turn on a movie it just won't work no matter what settings I choose on 3D mode settings. It has ALWAYS worked on Automatic>Reverse>DLP Link. What gives? Anyway I left Sony support a message. Hopefully they get back to me with a solution but if anyone else has any let me know

·
Registered
675 Posts
The Mitsubsihi TV will accept top/bottom ESPN only in 1080p 24Hz and 720p 60Hz. If your cable box is set to 1080i, then the ESPN might be sent to the TV in 1080i Top/Bottom and that is not a compatible format. Try resetting the resolution of the cable box to 720p - then that should work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks this worked...i wish the TV could would automatically change settings when going from a side-by-side channel to a top-bottom one. Just a few extra steps when changining channels but at least it works now. Thanks again

·
Registered
675 Posts

i wish the TV could would automatically change settings when going from a side-by-side channel to a top-bottom one. /QUOTE]

Actually the TV would work autmatically if the cable box would put the correct "3D Signal Flag" in the "Info Frame" of the HDMI signal being sent to the TV. Without the siganl flag the TV is not able to identify the signal as a 3D signal, to the TV it is simply a 1080i or 720p siganl. The cable boxes are not sending these siganls (which is why they are not offically HDMI 1.4a). Because so many sources may not have the signal flag, the TV manufacturers put in the manual selections. If all sources followed the specifications, there would be no need for the manual selections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.