AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, This seems a very helpful forum and I've just bought my first projector, the Viewsonic PJD5533W. I do love it and it's a great improvement over the 8 year old Vizio plasma tv I'd been using.

My setup:

Viewsonic PJD5533W

100 inch infocus screen

home built media pc( ati tv tuner(takes up the only pci slot so no dedicated graphics card), AMD A10 processor with on board AMD Radeon HD 8670D and blu ray)

Sainsonic 3D glasses(reviews on Amazon said they were compatible with this projector)

Question:

Since I've never had any 3D capable devices, I'm new to this. According to the Viewsonic manual, I only need to connect the 3D source to the projector and it will enable the 3D options in the menu. Well, I'm not certain how to trigger this and would appreciate any guidance you all can give. I tried playing a 3D video from Netflix, but the 3D menu never became available(it's grayed out). I tried restarting the projector while the video was playing, cause that always solves everything
No dice. Then is occurred to me to ask those with more knowledge for the normal process for viewing 3D videos on a Viewsonic projector.

Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 on hand to test out 3D videos, but I do have a Chromecast, although I'm not certain the Chromecast is 3D capable.

I'm sure there's some vital step I'm missing that isn't explained in my projector's manual or the sketchy instructions that came with the 3D glasses or that I've simply missed, but I would appreciate your insight.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is the Blu-ray player 3D capable? Also is there an option to tick in the display card settings to enable 3D output. In Windows 8 it can be enabled by right clicking the desktop and selecting 'Screen resolution' from the menu and then ticking a box to 'Enable stereoscopic 3D for all supported displays'.

Also make sure you are connected via HDMI using a a cable that supports HDMI 1.4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts