AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me the difference aside from price of the TC-50GT25 Panny verses the TC-50VT20. Thanks, I'm a newbie and am trying to do my homework before I can explain the difference to a no-it-all brother...

·
Registered
3 Posts
The VT series has the Pro version of there panel (better blacks), they also have a woofer speaker for better bass. The GT series has the non pro panel like in the G non-3D series, also the GT does 2D-3D conversion which the VT does not. The GT also doesn't come with glasses, they are seperate. The GT is also availabe in 42" where the VT series starts at 50". I just got the 50" VT20 on the weekend, it's amazing.

·
Registered
710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanjoly /forum/post/19640319

The VT series has the Pro version of there panel (better blacks), they also have a woofer speaker for better bass. The GT series has the non pro panel like in the G non-3D series, also the GT does 2D-3D conversion which the VT does not. The GT also doesn't come with glasses, they are seperate. The GT is also availabe in 42" where the VT series starts at 50". I just got the 50" VT20 on the weekend, it's amazing.

In the advertsing though, it is claimed that the G series has the same panels as the VT20/25 series. I thought the actual display difference had more to do with the phosphors which per some reviewers is a very subtle distinction. It would really be nice if someone did a side by side comparison to see if there really is any visible to the human eye difference in the PQ of these two sets.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's odd that the less expensive G series has, according to this review, 2D to 3D conversion which is not part of V25 line. Still, it's a meaningless option as far as I'm concerned, and the reviewer doesn't think much of it either.

I'm pretty sure the presenter at the Panasonic mall demo booth I visited touted this feature as well, even though I was looking at the VT series at the time.

Also, the calibrated settings used by the author are markedly different then the calibrated settings listed here on another thread by D-Nice. I'm not qualified to make any kind of judgement about this, but thought it was worth pointing out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts