AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue that has become a little too complex for me to figure out. If you could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have the following setup:

Mitsubishi WD60738 2010 3d HDTV

Mitsubishi 3d adapter

Sony 3d 7.1 SRT-DH710 HDMI 1.4a receiver

Motorola comcast cable box

Sony PS3

The Sony reciever has 3 HDMI inputs, and one output. I placed the Mits 3d adapter between the receiver and the television and plugged the PS3 and cable box into the reciever. The playstation is able to display 3d content and works very well with or without 3d content.

The cable box (by motorola) is not. If I try to turn it on, the receiver outputs video through the Mits adapter in sputtering form. What I mean is that the picture and audio appear for one half second, and then disappear for 3 seconds, on and off and on again. I have tried to remove the Mits 3d adapter from the mix and I am able to see and hear video on the TV very well. So I think the problem lies with the Mits adapter or the Mits adapter and Sony AVR combination.

I had figured it might be a problem with the cabling, but because the PS3 works very well, I dont think that a Motorola box couldnt do the same. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Perhaps the firmware on your TV was updated automatically over the internet and your adapter is no longer required?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs /forum/post/19581350

The Mits tvs, as far as I know, still need this adapter.

I have a 82738 myself and the firmware was updated recently and I had to remove the adapter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could you please explain? The TV has a 3d mode that can be enabled in the menu yes... but without the adapter to convert source formats to checkerboard, there doesnt seem to be a way to get this to work.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If the firmware was updated then you will have more options in the 3D menu then you had before.

·
Registered
551 Posts
To get 3D from Fios I had to bypass my new Integra 1.4 AVR for video with a switch and use an optical cable for sound. If your TV broadcast works without the AVR and through the adaptor then bypass the AVR for a solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.