AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung Series 6 SmarTV 3d TV. It is connected to a DirecTV HD Recorder Box via HDMI cable (just a normal cable, not high end or anything).

When trying to watch a 3D movie that I had recorded from the DirectTV 3D movie channel, the movie looks great in 3D, but the TV set keeps resetting itself (doesn't really go turn off, although I have had this issue some). It just looks like the TV is reseting the image every few minutes, so the picture will disappear, then 2 images will appear side by side, then it adjust back to the 3D image.

Any ideas on what might cause this issue or how to solve it?

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have a Samsung PN51E550.  I experienced the same problem.  After several contacts with Directv, they finally admitted that the difficulty was due to transmission problems on their end.  With my experiences, some actually played.  They will not contact me directly to let me know when the problem is solved.  They also said if we don't record the 3D title and just watch it as it is playing, then if we have the problem to call and have someone see what is going on at their end.  I have yet to try that.  Just last week we recorded "Free Birds" and it was successful, but I held my breath the whole time waiting for the glitch!

I've always been able to get the free 3D stuff with no difficulty.  It has only been with the 1920x1080/24p. 

Originally, Directv was blaming the problem on Samsung not being supported.  Then on the HDMI cable.  Our settings.  And on and on.  Samsung blamed Directv.  Paul's TV, where I bought the TV, blamed Directv.  Over a year and a half this has gone on. 

Vudu has 3D rentals and purchases that play successfully on our TV.  One problem did pop up on a title, and seemed to be solved after turning off our computer (windows 8 is always on line, using bandwidth).  We have a 15mb connection, and you need 9mb to get their HDX (full 1080p).  I was wondering if maybe that had anything to do with Directv or not. 

If I learn anything else, I will let you know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts