AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all!

I have a JVC RS-2 with the dedicated JVC Video scaler (I forget what it's called, it's a rebadged VP-50 I think). I am using an Oppo BDP-95 as a source.

I want to upgrade my theater to 3D capability.

I have no experience with the new 3D crop of projectors but I'd like something with the same PQ, short throw distance and ability to mate and play nicely with the scaler

JVC RS-40 seems to be priced well, however, is there one standout PJ that everyone loves right now in the $3K-$5K range that makes everything else pale in comparison?

I did a forum search but the info I found wasn't applicable to my situation.

Thanks,

Russ

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Russ. The simple answer is no. Every projector brand has fans and then fans of models in that brand. New models are coming out and being announced with the REALLY BIG INDUSTRY SHEW (Ed Sullivan for those of you who are old enough) is coming starting Sept 8. But every thing within a price class has strengths and weaknesses caused not only by the technology chosen but also the costs of production. There just isn't a universal winner and it is very unlikely there will be. Of course the Fan Boys will claim to the contrary. It all involves chosing what satisfies best your viewing priorities such as sharpness, brightness for your screen, yada yada. I know this doesn't help you a lot, but if you give me a call, I would be glad to walk you through what is out there now.

·
Registered
10,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/0

Russ. The simple answer is no. Every projector brand has fans...

Hey, that's it! Make a pj with passive cooling to eliminate the fan noise and presto it rules them all.

Edit = Maybe the HW30ES though I'll admit, I'm partial to the Sony's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.