AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to the projector world and I'm thinking about getting a Sony VPLH40es full hd 3d and planing to get a Elite Screen R92WH1 ez Frame CineWhite version and I don't see any description that will handle 3D movies and want your opinion. I would really appreciate any imputs. Thank you for your response in advance.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new to the projector world and I'm thinking about getting a Sony VPLH40es full hd 3d and planing to get a Elite Screen R92WH1 ez Frame CineWhite version and I don't see any description that will handle 3D movies and want your opinion. I would really appreciate any imputs. Thank you for your response in advance.
Any screen will handle 3D.

If you get a decent screen, then 3D will be fine. I would think any standard white screen with the Sony will look fine up to about a 120" with 3D content.

What is your viewing distance or is there some other factor that has pushed you to a 92" screen? That's pretty small.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Viewing distance is about 11 feet 6 inches to be precise It's a pretty small room but it's all I have and I'm planing to make it a full home theater experience with no light whatsoever . I was told the ideal viewing distance should be calculating the height of the screen times 3 and then dividing by 12 it will give the most reasonable distance. Since that screen is 50 inches tall I figured the results is about 12.5 feet a foot closer won't hurt. if I can use a bigger screen I can go a bit bigger like 100 or 110. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Viewing distance is about 11 feet 6 inches to be precise It's a pretty small room but it's all I have and I'm planing to make it a full home theater experience with no light whatsoever . I was told the ideal viewing distance should be calculating the height of the screen times 3 and then dividing by 12 it will give the most reasonable distance. Since that screen is 50 inches tall I figured the results is about 12.5 feet a foot closer won't hurt. if I can use a bigger screen I can go a bit bigger like 100 or 110. Thanks for your help.
Go to a bigger screen.

Wait, I will go with what I think the best answer is.

If you can, get the projector first, then project it on your wall. See what size YOU like.

THX specifications calls for at least a 100" diagonal screen. Most people like a bit more these days. About 10" to 12" of diagonal for each foot of viewing distance is common. So, 110" to over 120" isn't at all unreasonable.

I would say, I wouldn't go smaller than 106" from your viewing distance.

I will add, that I would buy from these guys over Elite, any day of the week for a fixed frame screen...

http://www.carada.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=PROJECTION-SCREEN-H110C

(Get it in brilliant white)

But, if you want a decent looking screen for a fair price, then Elite has a nice option with the SableFrame screen.

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens...qid=1427079398&sr=8-1&keywords=sableframe+110

Under $350 shipped at 110" diagonal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts