AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the HDMI wallplates that were sold at monoprice 2-3 years ago (I think there is a new model now), will work with the 3D projectors and pass the 1.4 signal?

I'd imagine that they would work, but there is only one review (out of 125) that mention 3D/HDMI 1.4 and they say it didn't work with a Yamaha AVR.

Just wondering if anyone that currently has one of these plates and a 3D projector have had any success.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 /forum/post/20786991

None of those old wall plates were 1.4 HDMI.

There is no such thing as 1.4 cables nor wall plates. They are either capable of the HDMI high speed data rates (first introducted with HDMI 1.3) or not. I am using 3 year old monoprice wall plates and have no issues at all with my JVC RS40 projector for 3D.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/20786992

There is no such thing as 1.4 cables nor wall plates. They are either capable of the HDMI high speed data rates (first introducted with HDMI 1.3) or not. I am using 3 year old monoprice wall plates and have no issues at all with my JVC RS40 projector for 3D.

Yea I wasn't sure if they were high speed or not. My plates are about 3 years old as well, so I'd imagine I'd be fine.

The only reason I asked was because of one review I saw on there.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/20786992

I guess I should have been more clear. I own some of the Monoprice wall plates from four years ago. I did not think any of them were high speed rated, but I do not have a 3D projector to test with.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 /forum/post/20787327

I guess I should have been more clear. I own some of the Monoprice wall plates from four years ago. I did not think any of them were high speed rated, but I do not have a 3D projector to test with.

Even if you don't have a 3D TV or projector, if you can pass 1080p/60, especially with deep color enabled, then that requries as much (or more) bandwidth than for the 1080p/24 frame packing format used for 3D.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried hooking my Panny 3D plasma up tonight through my HDMI wall plates (which I wasn't currently using), and I had no luck.

I went: Sony 3D BluRay Player -> Pioneer AVR (HDMI 1.4) ->Wall Plate->In Wall Cable ->Wall Plate ->Panny Plasma.

I'm just really hoping that it's the wallplate and not the In-Wall Cable, because I don't really want to a pull another one.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs /forum/post/20789704

I tried hooking my Panny 3D plasma up tonight through my HDMI wall plates (which I wasn't currently using), and I had no luck.

I went: Sony 3D BluRay Player -> Pioneer AVR (HDMI 1.4) ->Wall Plate->In Wall Cable ->Wall Plate ->Panny Plasma.

I'm just really hoping that it's the wallplate and not the In-Wall Cable, because I don't really want to a pull another one.

Do you know what type of cable was used for your in-wall run (i.e., was it from monoprice, what gauge of wire and what is the length)?

When my house was being built 5 years ago (spring 2006) I gave the contractor a 25 ft. monoprice HDMI cable. This was back before the HDMI 1.3 hardware came out and the "high speed" label was not yet used for HDMI cables. I did buy monoprice's heaviest gauge HDMI cable (22 gauge). I purchased the HDMI wall plates in 2008 when I actually finished the room for my dedicated HT. I have had no HDMI related issues using Blu-ray 3D over these connections. I'm feeding my video sources to a Denon AVR-3300cic AVR then on to my JVC RS40 projector via the long HDMI run and HDMI wall plates.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/20789849

Do you know what type of cable was used for your in-wall run (i.e., was it from monoprice, what gauge of wire and what is the length)?

When my house was being built 5 years ago (spring 2006) I gave the contractor a 25 ft. monoprice HDMI cable. This was back before the HDMI 1.3 hardware came out and the "high speed" label was not yet used for HDMI cables. I did buy monoprice's heaviest gauge HDMI cable (22 gauge). I purchased the HDMI wall plates in 2008 when I actually finished the room for my dedicated HT. I have had no HDMI related issues using Blu-ray 3D over these connections. I'm feeding my video sources to a Denon AVR-3300cic AVR then on to my JVC RS40 projector via the long HDMI run and HDMI wall plates.

When I ordered the cable from Monoprice, it was labeled: HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified CL2 Rated (In-Wall Installation) Cable (24AWG) w/ Net Jacket - 15ft (Gold Plated Connectors)

However, if I click on the item number it now has this description: Premium 24AWG HDMI High Speed Certified Male to Male Cables

It was ordered on 6/24/08.

The wall plates are item#2730, if you go to that, they do have a newer version available.

The test I did was with a shorter in-wall HDMI cable that was for plasma use (which I'm not using since I bought an entertainment center and didn't hang the plasma on the wall). However the cable is the same gauge, etc as the 15ft that I'll be using with the projector. The AVR-projector run will only use one wall plate though, as my equipment closet is unfinished so I didn't bother with wall plates, etc.

When the 3D image started up, all I got was snow/static on my screen.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I was thinking about it some, and I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I'll ask anyways.

Is there anyway to tell if an HDMI run is HDMI 1.4 compatible w/o a 1.4 input at the end of the chain? I can easily feed a source, but I really don't want to drag my plasma to my theater to find the problem area (if there even is one).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts