AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen very little about 3d projectors. Have any been announced with the exception of the LG? (I'm not interested in the VGA only non HD models). I'd like to upgrade to 3d at some point, but I'd much rather upgrade my projector then my plasma, and I don't really see the point in upgrading both any time soon with the lack of content available.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs /forum/post/18313562

I've seen very little about 3d projectors. Have any been announced with the exception of the LG? (I'm not interested in the VGA only non HD models). I'd like to upgrade to 3d at some point, but I'd much rather upgrade my projector then my plasma, and I don't really see the point in upgrading both any time soon with the lack of content available.

I believe LG is the only 1080p home theater oriented 3D projector that has been announced. Since most new projectors are introduced at the annual CEDIA show in Sept., we may have to wait until then to really get a good picture as to what we can expect in the way of 3D projectors that will be offered for sale over the next year. I really expect we will see several DLP models introduced this year, while the jury is still out on the viability of single ight engine LCoS or LCD 3D projectors. The question being if the LCoS/LCD display chips are fast enough to operate in sequential alternating right/left display mode with an overall refresh rate of at least 120Hz. If using a dual light engine is the only way to get excellent results with the current LCoS and LCD display chip technlogy, then DLP may be the only moderately priced 3D projector alternative for the time being.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts