AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking for a screen for our new home i saw a few that say great for 3d. Is this just marketing or are they better fir 3d. Da lite us one that offers this.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It’s nice to have a higher gain screen to make up for the light loss from 3D glasses. I’m using a Matte White 1.3 gain with a 2000 lumens BenQ W7000 and am very happy with it. I think any less would not be bright enough.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven414  /t/1489581/3d-screens-does-it-matter#post_23714651

It’s nice to have a higher gain screen to make up for the light loss from 3D glasses. I’m using a Matte White 1.3 gain with a 2000 lumens BenQ W7000 and am very happy with it. I think any less would not be bright enough.

+1

Same here. 1.3 gain with an Epson 3010 and 2200 lumens.

Ed

·
Registered
790 Posts
Active shutter glasses cut out somewhere around 75% of the light. I'd go with as a high a gain as you can accommodate. I get around 2.0 gain from my viewing position with my screen. I had a 1.0 gain screen before that, and the high gain screen was a great upgrade for the 3D image.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks! so it is the gain that makes the difference there - it looks like the screens that say 3D are higher gain so they are just adding the 3D terminology to existing screens - that makes sense -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.