AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
Don't give us much to work with, do you?



With the 838 and latest firmware you're good to go with just about any 3D source out there... all you need is glasses and an emitter if the glasses need them... and probably the biggest deciding factor on which glasses to get is how comfortable you find them, something only you really can find out for yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what other info do you guys need Im new at this stuff I am getting a samsung 7900 3d player my tv will pllay live tv in 3d if that means anything but what Im after is what is a all round good pair of glasses and emitter and what ever else I need




thanks for helping me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
I use DLP link glasses and have no complaints (no ir emitter req). If you go this route get the Optomas. I have never heard of a 3D player that makes 2D live TV into 3D. I assume you mean that you are getting a 3D Blu-Ray player? If so all that means is that tou can play 3D Blu-Ray disks and watch it on your 3D HDTV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs /forum/post/19605891


I use DLP link glasses and have no complaints (no ir emitter req). If you go this route get the Optomas. I have never heard of a 3D player that makes 2D live TV into 3D. I assume you mean that you are getting a 3D Blu-Ray player? If so all that means is that tou can play 3D Blu-Ray disks and watch it on your 3D HDTV.

He may mean 2D to 3D conversion?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have a Mitsubishi 60738, purchased a 3DTV emitter whith 4 shuttered glasses that can be set for different TV setups, this can be purchased from Amazon for $ 195, quite a bit cheaper then Mitsubishi emitter and glasse at $399. Purchased a Sony BDP-S570 3D compatible with the Mitsubishi (WRONG), it does not put out the checkerboard pattern. Set up the whole thing and all I got was the side by side Red and Green. Determined that I needed a adaptor that would go between the Blu-Ray and the TV such as the Mitsubishi 3DA1 ($99). Back to the old internet, determined that the Panasonic was the way to go, some have checkerboard out. Went to Best Buy, they had a Panasonic open box return DMP-BDT300 for $199. I took it home and replaced the Sony, sit up for checkerboard and put in the 3D disk, red and green again (S***) Hmmm, put in the 3D disc that came with the Panasonic - YES!!!, had to go into the Misubishi setup and reverse the image, The panasonic disc reset some items in setup and it is working. I'll return the Sony and get some more glasses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrupri57 /forum/post/0


I have a Mitsubishi 60738, purchased a 3DTV emitter whith 4 shuttered glasses that can be set for different TV setups, this can be purchased from Amazon for $ 195, quite a bit cheaper then Mitsubishi emitter and glasse at $399. Purchased a Sony BDP-S570 3D compatible with the Mitsubishi (WRONG), it does not put out the checkerboard pattern. Set up the whole thing and all I got was the side by side Red and Green. Determined that I needed a adaptor that would go between the Blu-Ray and the TV such as the Mitsubishi 3DA1 ($99). Back to the old internet, determined that the Panasonic was the way to go, some have checkerboard out. Went to Best Buy, they had a Panasonic open box return DMP-BDT300 for $199. I took it home and replaced the Sony, sit up for checkerboard and put in the 3D disk, red and green again (S***) Hmmm, put in the 3D disc that came with the Panasonic - YES!!!, had to go into the Misubishi setup and reverse the image, The panasonic disc reset some items in setup and it is working. I'll return the Sony and get some more glasses.

I have the S470 with my 73738. Works fine, can't imagine why the S570 would not work. You do realize that you don't set the BDP to a specific output (ie checkerboard). You just insert the 3D disk and push play. You let the TV convert it to checkerboard (access settings through TV menu) Set the TV to automatic, Reverse (for DLP link) or standard for IR, then DLP link (DLP link) or IR emitter (if using IR glasses).


Also make sure you have the latest firmware update for the TV (12.06). After that update you won't need an adapter. The TV will be able to convert all formats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrupri57 /forum/post/0


I have a Mitsubishi 60738, purchased a 3DTV emitter whith 4 shuttered glasses that can be set for different TV setups, this can be purchased from Amazon for $ 195, quite a bit cheaper then Mitsubishi emitter and glasse at $399. Purchased a Sony BDP-S570 3D compatible with the Mitsubishi (WRONG), it does not put out the checkerboard pattern. Set up the whole thing and all I got was the side by side Red and Green. Determined that I needed a adaptor that would go between the Blu-Ray and the TV such as the Mitsubishi 3DA1 ($99). Back to the old internet, determined that the Panasonic was the way to go, some have checkerboard out. Went to Best Buy, they had a Panasonic open box return DMP-BDT300 for $199. I took it home and replaced the Sony, sit up for checkerboard and put in the 3D disk, red and green again (S***) Hmmm, put in the 3D disc that came with the Panasonic - YES!!!, had to go into the Misubishi setup and reverse the image, The panasonic disc reset some items in setup and it is working. I'll return the Sony and get some more glasses.

I've got your exact same setup and it works fine. Update the firmware on your tv to 12.06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu52Guy /forum/post/19737201


I've got your exact same setup and it works fine. Update the firmware on your tv to 12.06.

Yep, update the firmware, sell the adapter on Ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I have a Mitsu 82738 that was updated to 12.06

I still have the Mitsu 3D adapter connected. When I set the TV to automatic on the 3D settings, it turns the emitter off. If I try to play the 3D demo disc that came with the adapter, the adapter recognizes the signal but tells me to turn the TV 3D mode on. I have to manually select checkerboard on the TV 3D settings and it will work. Same thing with Directv, HR24-100 only I have to set the TV to side-by-side. The Bluray player I am using to play the demo disc is a Panasonic DMP-BDT100. I am connecting the Bluray player and Directv through a new Dennon AVR-2311CI which claims to be 1.4a 3D compliant. The output of the Dennon is connected to the Mitsu 3D adapter which is connected to the TV. The Automatic setting on the TV doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
The adapter is converting everything to checkerboard, which was required prior to the fimware upgrade... I'm guessing that since it is a now outdated format, the updated TV is not recognizing checkerboard input when set to automatic... you shouldn't need the adapter at all at this point: connect the AVR straight to the TV and plug the emitter into the TV and you should be all good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Thanks kjroddy! I disconnected the adapter as you suggested and now the 3D Automatic feature on the TV works. The Mitsubishi TV website says you can disconnect the adapter, but doesn't say you should disconnect it for Automatic mode to work. Mitsubishi suggests keeping the adapter in case you encounter non standard 3D signals. Based on that, I thought you could leave the adapter connected. Prior to this forum, I contacted Mitsubishi support and they didn't seem to understand the problem. They blamed it on Directv content not being compatible.

Again Thanks!

geoffsimons - I may be willing to part with the adapter, but I have to keep the glasses emitter. I just purchased the TV and adapter on December 31st. If I had done my homework I would have known that there was a firmware update that would allow the TV to operate without the adapter!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hey guys -

I'm getting ready to order a 73838 for my husband for an anniversary present.


What else do I need to purchase so that he has everything needed to set this thing up?


BluRay player?

WIFI adapter?

HDMI Cables -guess that depends on how many things get attached?

Surround sound system?


He can tackle the 3D stuff later.

Thanks for your advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttravers /forum/post/20117846


Hey guys -

I'm getting ready to order a 73838 for my husband for an anniversary present.


What else do I need to purchase so that he has everything needed to set this thing up?


BluRay player?

WIFI adapter?

HDMI Cables -guess that depends on how many things get attached?

Surround sound system?


He can tackle the 3D stuff later.

Thanks for your advice!

If you get a BluRay player, just make sure it's a 3D BluRay player. I bought my parents the Panasonic DMP-100 for their 73738, works great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Setting it all up ?

I have a WD-73-738 Mits TV. (12.07 Firmware update).

Panasonic DMP-BDT100 3-D player. (Optical out cable runs into a Sony DA-5ES Receiver).

High speed Blue Jean HDMI cable. (Runs direct to TV from 3-D player ).

Glasses will be the ( XPAND X102 DLP-Link 3D Revolution Glasses in BLUE").


Do I need anything else ? Any special settings for the TV or 3-D player ?

Thanks for any info.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,945 Posts
"I'm getting ready to order a 73838 for my husband"


Good for you. My wife could only get a 17 inch Colby for me. Decided it wasn't worth it so I got to stick around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray77085 /forum/post/20138426


Setting it all up ?

I have a WD-73-738 Mits TV. (12.07 Firmware update).

Panasonic DMP-BDT100 3-D player. (Optical out cable runs into a Sony DA-5ES Receiver).

High speed Blue Jean HDMI cable. (Runs direct to TV from 3-D player ).

Glasses will be the ( XPAND X102 DLP-Link 3D Revolution Glasses in BLUE").


Do I need anything else ? Any special settings for the TV or 3-D player ?

Thanks for any info.

65" Mitsu w/X102's, Panny 100 using optical here.



Setup - Turn on 3D, Turn on DLP Link.


I find the 3D colors pretty good with the standard brilliant settings. (brightest factory offered mode) On the player? I am pretty sure I had to go set the audio out to optical for it work.


Pretty painless all in all. I got to finally watch Avatar on it last night. What a kick.... 3+ hours straight of 3D though.
I find myself wanting to go pack to Pandora this morning. That movie does have a way of drawing you in, you really do feel like your there. My wife was terrfied of any high vertical edge scene. Alot of fun.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top