AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a while since I last spoke to Jonathan of 3D-VIP but we recently were discussing a new product release that he is producing.

Here is what information I have for now, if you have any questions please post them in this thread and we will look forward to his response. Also, he made mention of a new line of RF glasses by a different producer, so those wishing to add to your collection may wish to keep that in mind in the future. I will post more about the RF glasses when I get additional information.

Will also check for any special priciing for AVS forum members on these items and anything else of interest.

3D-TheatrePro

This is a product that is identical to the Theatre+ in specs with the key features as follows:

1- 1080p output

2- 60/72/96/129Hz frequency lock (72/96Hz for 3D-Blu-ray movies and projectors that support double/triple flash)

3- 7.x audio support

4- 1080p60 SBS/TNB formats

In addition, this is a longer board with 4 DIN Connectors to allow for 4 emitters to operate simultaneously. In other words, you can connect your central input source to the processor and have it connected to 4 displays (any combination of projectors and televisions) with a matrix switcher and convert every display to 3D. Someone can then purchase glasses and pair them to a specific emitter for a specific display and have these glasses designated to that display.

For example, if you have a Theatre room with a projector and 3 other televisions around the house, you can connect all of them together to a single 3D-TheatrePro. You can then decide how many glasses you need for each room and then pair these glasses to the emitters. Each room will then become 3D and the input from the central setup can be viewed in 3D on any of the four displays. With the matrix switcher, you can have more than one 3D source input – as well.

The setup can reside in a rack somewhere or in any other setup. No line of sight required. The distance between the setup and the displays can be (easily) 300’.

The product is ready and can be delivered within 8-10 weeks - from the time of a confirmed order/payment.

3D-TheatrePro can also be used as a single 3D processor - similar to the Theatre+ - and made to work as a centralized 3D processor as and when required.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

3D-TheatreProductSheet3.pdf 116k .pdf file

More info about the RF glasses:

3D-VIP RF glasses are developed by Bit Cauldron and manufactured by EStar. The glasses are the same as the Optoma RF glasses. The emitter provided by 3D-VIP includes a pre-set table that helps to set the processor and the glasses to the right setting with a 60Hz display. This preset table in the emitter is proprietary to 3D-VIP and is not available on any other models of RF emitters.

Also:

3D-VIP is offering special pricing on the 3D-Theatre & 3D-Theatre+ bundles (combined with the RF glasses + emitter). For details, please email [email protected] Additionally, 3D-Evolver bundles with either the linear, circular or spectra filters and glasses are also available at special pricing. Orders may be subject to delays due to the production runs, Best to contact [email protected] for all details.

http://www.3d-vip.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I would only be interested if they found a way to remove/reduce flicker on 60hz sets. That is an impossible dream. I'd still like to know the results if they doubled the glasses opening and closing rate for each eye. The result would have to be marginally better. Instead of the shutters going l-r-l-r at 60 hz rate they'd go l-l-r-r-l-l-r-r so that each eye sees their image twice in succession while the opposite shutter is closed. In my mind that would at least cut the flicker in half, but in reality it may do nothing. Still, I wish someone would try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unfortunately, we have not been able to get any glasses manufacturer to see the merit in trying the "double-flash" in their firmware. There are very few RF glasses manufacturers and they seem to be a bit difficult to reach to establish this cooperation. On the other hand, we have noticed - and validated it via several customers' experience - that the Theatre+ does operate much better than the Theatre. This we attribute to the output resolution of 1080p on the Theatre+ as opposed to the Theatre's 720p. I believe the scaling of the signal from 720p Theatre to a 1080p display did intensify the flicker effect and with the Theatre+, it seems the flicker is less noticeable. We have some customers who exchanged their Theatre units for the Theatre+ and all of them were very pleased with the exchange.

We are continuing our efforts to partner with a RF glasses manufacturer to try the double-flash scheme as we - too - feel that will have a positive impact.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonalex89  /t/1522647/3d-vip-new-product-3d-theatrepro#post_24502455

Unfortunately, we have not been able to get any glasses manufacturer to see the merit in trying the "double-flash" in their firmware. There are very few RF glasses manufacturers and they seem to be a bit difficult to reach to establish this cooperation. On the other hand, we have noticed - and validated it via several customers' experience - that the Theatre+ does operate much better than the Theatre. This we attribute to the output resolution of 1080p on the Theatre+ as opposed to the Theatre's 720p. I believe the scaling of the signal from 720p Theatre to a 1080p display did intensify the flicker effect and with the Theatre+, it seems the flicker is less noticeable. We have some customers who exchanged their Theatre units for the Theatre+ and all of them were very pleased with the exchange.

We are continuing our efforts to partner with a RF glasses manufacturer to try the double-flash scheme as we - too - feel that will have a positive impact.

Did you say exchange? I would gladly exchange my Theater for a Theater+. I bought mine at Consignia and I live in Canada but is it still possible to do an exchange?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts