Registered
5,969 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle /forum/post/19631125

A bit misleading. Shows a hookup diagram for 3 HDMI sources, yet has only 2 HDMI inputs.

I believe the diagram is just meant to show you what you can connect, but the specs specificaly state 2 HDMI inputs

·
Registered
10 Posts
That diagram is from Optoma Europes site they seem to be the only one with a listing for the 3D-XL so far. Optoma USA and Optoma Canada don't even have it listed on there sites yet but I'm sure will soon.

http://www.optomaeurope.com/projecto...nment&PC=3D-XL

Chances are if you have PS3 your not going to have a seperate Blu-Ray player anyway so I'm sure 99.9% of users only need 2 HDMI inputs anyway...

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
* Make sure that your player can support 3D-Blu-ray discs and that 3D output is enabled.

* Insert the 3D Blu-ray disc into the player, press play.

* The 3D-XL will automatically recognise the 3D signal.

When you see "3D" in the top right hand corner of the screen, enable your projector's 3D mode, pop on your Optoma 3D glasses, hit the power button and enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it will recognize the 3D signal.

But unfortunately the projector will not recognize which frames are left and which are right ones.

So, 50% of the time you might end-up watching your AVATAR in pseudo-stereo or reversed depth.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester /forum/post/19631814

* Make sure that your player can support 3D-Blu-ray discs and that 3D output is enabled.

* Insert the 3D Blu-ray disc into the player, press play.

* The 3D-XL will automatically recognise the 3D signal.

When you see "3D" in the top right hand corner of the screen, enable your projector's 3D mode, pop on your Optoma 3D glasses, hit the power button and enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it will recognize the 3D signal.

But unfortunately the projector will not recognize which frames are left and which are right ones.

So, 50% of the time you might end-up watching your AVATAR in pseudo-stereo or reversed depth.

Mathew Orman

This thread is to let people (more so Canadians) know where to preorder the 3D-XL

I see you are a well informed and educated person, but why are you stating the same thing about dlp link glasses and pseudo stereo or reversed depth,over and over again... Please keep it in 1 thread, there is no need for you to add it here

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark /forum/post/19632044

This thread is to let people (more so Canadians) know where to preorder the 3D-XL

I see you are a well informed and educated person, but why are you stating the same thing about dlp link glasses and pseudo stereo or reversed depth,over and over again... Please keep it in 1 thread, there is no need for you to add it here

Because people have a right to know that there is an issue

before they make a commitment.

It is a serious defect and there is no immediate remedy for it. OPTOMA admits the problem but does not inform that

with 3D-XL's DLP-Link glasses the problem persists.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/19715380

My wife told me amazon cancelled my pre-order?

Anybody know whats up.

It looks like I could also pre-order from the Canadian website?

The link at amazon no longer lets you add to cart either.

There is a discussion in the projector sections ($3000 or less) regarding the 3D-XL. Did you put any money down? In this other topic, someone stated that Amazon refunded money, but I'm having to take a "grain of salt" with what I'm reading on this site regarding pretty much everything. Too many conflicting stories and what not. I mean, if it's true that Amazon refunded money, then IMO, that would mean Optoma either 1) doesn't have the 3D-XL ready for sale even by the January 2011 date, or 2) does not have enough to meet demand, because Amazon said to one potential buyer: "Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order: Optoma 3D-XL Converter Box for 3D Video and Gaming". You should have gotten this email as well. I mean, if it was just an issue of not enough to meet the demand, one would think that it would just be "back ordered". (ok that doesn't make sense because it hasn't even been released to market, but does cancelling all pre-sales make any sense, either?) http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1299976

On the other hand, perhaps they removed the ad from Amazon because of all the negative responses from people. I mean, the product hasn't even come out yet and idiots are voting 1 star because of the price. The 3D-XL ended up with a 1 1/2 rating.

But back on Topic --- I was very interested in buying this from Canada, but for the price and no glasses, it doesn't seem like a deal at all. And like I said in the other thread, sure you can buy Ultra-Clear 3D Glasses for $52 a pop, but what if the U.S. package that includes the glasses is less than $499? You're not really saving anything. Or what if the U.S. sells a package without glasses for $399 (I'm sure it's going to happen, one day, LOL). It seems like a neat idea this 3D-XL, but if it's just an adapter and nothing else, then $439, $399 or whatever is asking too much, but I'm sure they'll be plenty of people that'll buy it; Hell, I want one and I might change my mind in another month or come tax time, but for now, $199 to $259 is an 'acceptable' price now that I had time to think about it. As a matter of fact, in growing anticipation for 3D, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 3D Vision ($140, Ebay), a GTS 450 Palit Sonic 1GB card, new motherboard and 8GB of PC1333 ram, and 2 (3ft) 1.4 HDMI cables for a little more than the cost of the Canadian asking price of the 3D-XL.

Edit -

That link the OP posted is now dead:
Quote:
Not Found

The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist.

This is most likely due to:

An outdated link on another site

A typo in the address / URL

Here's an active link: http://www.consignia.ca/products/NEW...PS3-Games.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its a little better at 439 but still way over priced. I aint buying this till I can get it for 199 max. Anyone that has a computer, for 400-500 bucks they are asking, you can buy gear to make the projectors do everything that this thing does...except play PS3 games. Sorry but GT5 3D isn't worth 500 bucks...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts