AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a WD-6038 (my wife was so gracious to let me get it) and I got it for $599 shipped. Now in order for me to watch 3D, it would cost somewhere between $600-$800. Thats 3D player, 3DC-1000, and two extra pairs of glasses. I have the 3D player, But is there an alternative to 3DC-1000 That works?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I meant 60638. I don't get the firmware upgrade with my model.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The adapter itself is only $100... can't imagine any cheaper alternative materialising any time in the forseeable future.

Even if there was updated firmware for your model you would still need glasses at ~$100 each, and possibly an IR emitter, depending on the glasses you select...

You don't say when you purchased your set... if it was between 9/24 & 11/21 you do still have time to get the 3D starter kit for free from http://www.mitsubishi3dtv.net/

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Missed the promotion by 4 days;purchased my set on 11/25. Damit!

·
Registered
5,968 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle /forum/post/19623768

You can try these glasses, and save some money. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post19623737

+1! And if you get a Panasonic bdp100 or bdp300 Bluray player, it can output checkerboard and you won't need anything else to view 3D Blurays but DLP Link glasses. For 3D via satellite or cable you'll still need the adapter for $100 or a bit less online.

Ed

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WHHAAAAAHHHOOOOO!!!!!!

Quote:
Dear Valuded Mitsubishi Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of a Mitsubishi HDTV. This e-mail is to notify you that the rebate form you submitted for your free gift has been received and approved. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery of your selected gift. Once your gift has shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with a UPS tracking number. You can always check the status of your order by visiting www.mitsubishi3dtv.net .

Once again, thank you for choosing Mitsubishi, the Official HDTV of the PGA Tour.

Man that will save me a ton of money. Now all I need is a 3rd and 4th pair of glasses. Is there a good less expensive alternative brand of 3D glasses that will work well with the 3DC-1000?

PS I have an LG BX580 3D player. My hopes are to watch A Christmas Carol in 3D on Christmas Eve, but I dought the kit will make it before then.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 /forum/post/19628376

WHHAAAAAHHHOOOOO!!!!!!

Man that will save me a ton of money. Now all I need is a 3rd and 4th pair of glasses. Is there a good less expensive alternative brand of 3D glasses that will work well with the 3DC-1000?

PS I have an LG BX580 3D player. My hopes are to watch A Christmas Carol in 3D on Christmas Eve, but I dought the kit will make it before then.

Samsung for around $130

XpanD X103s for around $129

Viewsonic or Optoma for around $89

3D Heaven for around $59

1 - 10 of 10 Posts