AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3GHz with a nVidia 6600GT video card running theatertek 2.4 sending 1080p to my sony pearl projector. Everything was fine with 576p output to my old projector. Now, I can't get FFDshow to fill the screen. Actually, I can't get any post processing to fill the screen. FFDshow yields 50% CPU usage, which I think is 100% of 1 core and 0% of the second. Without any post processing, I have 10% CPU usage but with studdering.

What configurations should I try? Do I need to upgrade any hardware?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
make sure your DVD drive has DMA enabled.

What refresh rate do you have it at? Pearl likes 60 Hz but may support 48Hz on some video cards.

Is this dual core 3 Ghz (I assume so since you said core 1 and 2)? If it's just hyperthreaded (which has logical CPU 0 and 1), single core, 3Ghz may not be enough.

Have you tried another FFDSHOW version?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DMA is enabled and refresh rate is 60Hz.

I have a dual core Pentium D CPU.

Is there a specific build of FFDshow that I should try?

I downloaded the latest nVidia drivers and seems (I only watched 5 minutes of video) to have cleared up the stuttering, but I still have yet to get a correct aspect ratio with any post processor.

How would I figure out if the CPU supports SSE2?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.