AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father in-law has gotten a little of the bug. He's working with around a $3K budget. The room is medium (20 X 15) and awful (big glass doors on on side, 2 entrances, hardwood floors.)

He'll use the system for standard tv, hdtv (a fair bit in SF area), 1 movie a week, and background music (no serious listening.)

Here is my idea so far:

Reciever: Outlaw 1050 - $535 (any ideas @ $300 price point?)

Speakers: JBL NSP1 refurb $250 + PB10 Sub - $200

DVD Player: Samsung Progressive $200

TV: RCA F38310 Refurb, $1800

Any thoughts?

-Aaron

[I've got a Sony 10HT, 84" screen, DirectTivo, RCA DTC-100, Pioneer Elite 26.I think hanging out at my place started this....]

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not sure what your asking. Your subject is "$3K system (tube, amp, speakers, dvd)" but all you talk about is TV's. So are you looking for just a TV or more? And what is more important. The TV or the sound system. And can you wait for the tv purchase until later... like when HDTV become more wide spread and prices come down? Also how involed will father in-law be involved in the purchase. I don't suggest anyone get anything unless they can listen to a few things first... so you know what you like. Also what are the listen habits? Classical, Opera, Rock, Spoken word? % Home Theater time vs % Music time with the system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.