AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Sanyo PLV-Z3000. Has great IQ, lens shift (nice to have but not essential). Was wondering if there's anything better in the same price range?

·
Registered
935 Posts
At a price level of $3000, ALL of your choices are better than the Sanyo. It's a (more or less) discontinued model and Sanyo doesn't even make projectors anymore. Personally, I'd take the Panasonic AE4000 at 2 grand and have a thousand extra bucks for a screen or other necessary accessories.

Jim

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The Projector actually goes for under $2K now. I found several reputable websites selling it for around $1950-$1980 shipped. 1080p with 120hz for under $2k, why not?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
But it doesn't have the 120hz refresh rate with the 5:5 pulldown like the Sanyo.

·
Registered
935 Posts
The Panny does do frame creation in 120Hz, although it may not do 5:5 pulldown; I'm simply not sure.

Certainly there's nothing wrong with the Sanyo - it really is a great projector. But the added features of the Panny and the fact that Sanyo isn't making projectors anymore would seem to tilt the choice to the Panasonic. Especially at the same price point. But the Sanyo does have some added bonuses: a longer warranty and greater lens shift range. If those are overriding factors that you just have to have, then there's no harm in picking the Z3000. But for my money, there's no $2000 LCD projector sold today that's close to the overall experience you get from the AE4000.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts