AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just wanted to say hi first, this is my first jaunt into high end televisions as my wife is cheap and has never let me buy one!! I got an opportunity to buy a nice tv in May...ish when this TV came to the market. Did all my research and determined it was just right for my application. I loved it, the most wonderful picture I have seen on a TV and I loved the 3D also. I pared it up with a Samsung 3D Blu-ray player and a ZVox 580, the setup was just perfect for my smaller living room. That was until 4 days ago my wife calls me at work to inform me that the television made a loud clap sound and now it will not turn on. (getting a double red flash on power status light) So the first thing I did was not panic and call Samsung. Samsung tells me that the double red light is not good and a repair person has to visit my home. Today the repair guy shows up at the house and tells my wife that the TV needs a new screen. "A new screen" This freaked me out. I guess my question to the forum, is this sounds like a joke, or that it is going to be a constant problem, maybe lemon? Does anyone have any experience with these situations?

Side notes:

TV is hooked up to a $50 surge protector w/coax hooked up

TV was purchased at Best Buy w/o warantee coverage

Thank You,

Ryan C

·
Registered
42 Posts
It should not be a problem if it is repaired correctly and or the screen is replaced. It can happen with any manufacturer. There are usually a few bad samples per so many manufactured. Unfortunately it happened to you, but fortunately it happened within the warranty period. Let them repair it and don't worry about it. Keep any documentation for future reference, but you should be fine. I had a few dead pixels on my top of the line Panasonic and Samsung plasmas when they were new. The store asked if they could order new screens from the manufacturer instead of taking the returns/exchanges. I was fine with that since I also wanted to examine the internal layout of the sets out of curiosity. Absolutely no problems with the sets since then, and that was over a year ago. Sorry to hear about the inconvenience but again, at least you are within the warranty period and will get it fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the warrantee department has no scheduled timeframe for the replacement screen... I am stuck without a TV for the foreseeable future. Has anyone tried to press the manufactures with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act? Just a thought I have had.

Thanks

Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts