Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to ask for opinions :)

I'm moving from the UK next month to FL. I'm thinking about bringing my 3 year old set of Mission System 7 speakers which are barely run-in! :) They've never let me down so far and I've been pleased with their performance.

2 x 772 fronts,

2 x 77DS rears,

1 x 77C center.

I can't bring any of my other equipment with me because the UK & US mains power is so different and I don't want to use converters as they add serious interference.

Anyway, I'd like to upgrade from a 5.1 system to a 7.1 system so my question to you guys is this:

Shall I sell those Missions and get some all new speakers, or just grab some more Missions and turn the system into a 7.1 that way?

Recommendations would be most welcome.

Ross.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The question is - do you want to move them?

England has some great speaker manufacturers that we rarely see here. If they were an odd brand, I might bring them over, but there are some nice speakers manufacturers like Ascend, Onix, M&K, and others made here and in Canada that would compete well with the Missions.

I would sell them and look here.

Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, please excuse my ignorance, but is 'Mission' a brand you guys are familiar with over there or not?

If not, it's a bit pointless me asking you guys for comparisons :) LOL

Ross.

·
Registered
349 Posts
In the early 80's Mission speakers were everywhere here in the states. Currently, Denon USA was the distributor, but I am not sure who is now - Denon is still the distributor in Canada, though.

Dave

·
Registered
166 Posts
I actually run Mission 77 series myself. I run the 77c, pair of 773s and a pair of 771s. I personally love these speakers and don't think you can find anything much better for the money even in the United States.

I would recommend bringing them over and then you can always debut some other brands when you get here.

Just my thoughts.

-Jesse

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am using 782's and m71. It is difficult to get them here in the US (currently no distributor). I prefer the sound of the missions over most brands available in the US for a comparable price. Try Klipsch and Polk and see what you think.

However, if you like B&W they are easily available here but up to 40% more expensive than even in the UK. A pair of Mission 780 cost here $500.

My point is if the company pays for the move take your speakers with you.

MD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.