AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everybody doing to handle this? I would prefer not physically moving the projector or adjusting the zoom when changing aspect ratios of the source, but it appears this is the only way to make this work.

Am I missing something?

I would rather not fool with masking a 4:3 screen.

·
Banned
770 Posts
I use a 16:9 screen with a 4:3 machine. but I only use the projector in conjuction with DVD (everything I have is widescreen) and with my 3100HD digital cable box which converts all channels into a 16:9 1080i signal. When I'm watching 4:3 material off the box it reverse letterboxes it onto my 16:9 screen...perfect solution.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
HTPC solves all my issues...

I do use the zoom as I need all my lumens for 4:3 watching and rez for gaming.. HTPC then top aligns anything widescreen and macro's do the zooming so that I get pillarboxed 4:3 and correctly postioned 16:9 and 21:7.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so it sounds like some sort of video processing is the easiest bet. I am not 100% sure I am going to use an HTPC in my setup, but at least that option is open. I do not have an STB with this functionality. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Phreddy, do you mean you're using a 4:3 PJ to shoot widescreen material on a 16x9 screen without using additional lenses?

If so, how does it work with 16x9-enhanced DVDs? Could you give me more details?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.