AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a software DVD player or device that can convert a widescreen format only source to a full 4:3 display on a crt projector ?

Wayne

·
Registered
376 Posts
yeah, zoomplayer...although why you would want to do this is beyond me. Not only would you lose the sides of the image, but it would look horribly low-resolution, especially on a big-screen.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To use all the surface of my crt, the best setup would be 4:3, plus my screen is 9' wide by 7' tall. When it comes to home theater, size does matter. I watch moves in both wide and full screen versions. Yes, you do lose the wide details, but I find full screen version using up all my screen is many time more enjoyable than the wide screen version. My choice in buying DVD movies is in find titles with both screen versions .

Thanks

Wayne

·
Registered
277 Posts
WinDVD + WinDVD Tweaker will do what you want.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I use theatertek and my recollection is that there is always a way to watch with an aspect ratio choice that yields full screen on my 4*3 set.

I rarely do - although at times I will choose one of the intermediate points that allow more screen area to be filled than the full letterbox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.