AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang, I need a TV/monitor to display my laptop in my conf. room. It needs to be at last 25" or larger with VGA in. Is there anything affordable out there, new or used or refurbed?

Dave

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Got a brand new DM7752ST directly from Monivision for $1700 shipped as part of a New Years special deal. Normally, you would get a refurbished unit for that price but you can always ask Monivision for a special deal.

I believe that another member of the forum got it for $2000 shipped. It normally retails for $2700.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am partial to the Princeton Graphics line. The one I am familiar with AR2.7 (2001) is a great monitor. The new ones are flat screen and have component in. The tubes are, I believe, made by Monovision. However, they use a different line doubler from what I remember.

They have great picture and are capable of 1024 x 768. More common are the 800 x 600 on the RCA. (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong)

The 32 runs about $1700 plus shipping. Can't go wrong with Princeton or Monovision.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Zenith's HDTV monitors are reasonably priced. The C27V22 (640x480) is around $699 and the C27V28 (800x600) is around $899 new.

Robert

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, many thanks. At these prices I'm thinking of a used but small data projector to hook up to the laptop. A used Plus Piano or Infocus LP340 would be perfect. Maybe someone will read this with a smll pj for sale, thanks again.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.