AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on setting up my HT using an LT150 projector, an as yet undecided progressive scan DVD and a 106x60 inch 16:9 screen. I do not really want to go with a 4:3 screen for several reasons.

I figure that 90% of my projector usage will be watching widescreen DVDs but for occasional 4:3 material what are my options? Can I (without an external scaler) display 4:3 material within the 16:9 portion of the LT150 panel. I realize that I would be loosing resolution by doing this be 4:3 is really a low priority for me.

If there is no solution to this problem I may go ahead and put in a 106x80 screen and have is masked most of the time but I'd rather avoid this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
You're in luck. Check out Darian's post in NEW NECT LT150 Functions . You can set the projector on Native mode and it will shrink a progressive scan DVD image in the center of your 16:9. Progressive scan dvds output 480p and the native resolution of the LT150 is 1024x768. So the Native setting simply uses the 480 lines of resolution in the center.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.