AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do these numbers mean? I remember finding a great progressive scan FAQ site a week ago that had this info but I can't find it. The Panasonic RP56 has 4:4:4 but the Toshiba SD4700 has 8:8:8, is one style better then the other? I know there are other factors (For instance the SAGE chip) but what do these numbers mean?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Stacey,

What's the purpose of your "zero content" post above? Just letting us know you're around? (ha!ha!)

By the way, how are the SHOOTOUT II complete player write-ups going?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Maybe he wrote something really long and then edited all the content out because it was redundant.

But really I think hes just trying to make sure no one finds out the reall meaning of this secret code. He wanted to make him self known to anyone who might try to post the true meaning. Probably has something to do with this

???

·
Registered
156 Posts
Stacey,

Have you gotten your hands one of the new Toshiba's, like the 3750, 4700 etc.?

How about reading a review from such a respected professional as yourself.

Are the Toshiba's any good and how do they compare? Do they have any bugs?

--Randy S.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
If you read the link Harlock posted above, you will know my reason for :).

I just wrote up the first player. (596) The next player I write up will be RP91, and then the Arcam FMJ27. I suspect these will start to go up next week.

The RP56, 5700, and Q50 will not be part of this as I did not have them way back when. Though we will talk about audio of 5700 at some point. (DVD-A)

My original plan was to post updates for all sections that include updates, corrections, and new tests. That won't happen do to time, so I will explain the new stuff in each report as I go.

New stuff really is chroma freq response, CD-R/W, and DVD-R (3.n GB), and MP3 support. When I get around to updating part 1, I will discuss the misuse of pixels and how DVDs are stored as samples and why that matters. I will also talk about why a DVD player that does not pass BTB can look bad on content that contains BTB info. (Paramount DVDs for example.) I am really working hard to confuse as many people as possible. ;)

No, no look at the new Tosh players.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.