AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VMPS speaker set I just bought uses 4 ohm speakers in the front and center, and 8 ohm speakers in the rear. The amp is a Theta Digital Dreadnaught II with 5 mono modules. Since I am essentially using 5 separate amps, the mixed impedances won't be a problem, right??

Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a follow up to this as I am looking at speakers that have 4/6 or 8 ohms (different speakers). Will this be a problem with my Denon 5800, I believe by your answer above, it won't be a problem, however, in the setup menu, you can set 4 or 8 ohms in the receiver (i'm not sure if that is just for the fronts) if not, what should I set that too?

thanks!

Jim

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sat_uplinker
The VMPS speaker set I just bought uses 4 ohm speakers in the front and center, and 8 ohm speakers in the rear. The amp is a Theta Digital Dreadnaught II with 5 mono modules. Since I am essentially using 5 separate amps, the mixed impedances won't be a problem, right??

Thanks.
You will have Zero problems. I have an extremely similar setup VMPS and Theta Dreadnaught I, but am using a Pass Labs to run the front RM40's.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I take it that Little Saigon is near Disneyland.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.