AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my 4" cans 15" from screen wall and they look to far away. If you have can lights highlighting your screen, how far away did you install the lights?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
AP, it sounds like you have either the wrong trim/baffle, or the wrong bulbs. Unless, of course, you mean the holes themselves, in which case you need to "move" (relocate) the holes.

For accentuating a screen or curtain, you should use either pivoting eyeballs or wall-wash trim rings. Plus, the bulbs should be wide floods, having a wide sispersion, for more even lighting.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Larry,

I actually don't have anything yet except the housing. Just eyeballing the housing look as if anything but a eyeball trim would not cast the light on the screen from 15". I've seen some rooms on this site with people who didn't use eyeball trim so i was trying to see how far they placed the housing from the screen wall.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have three 5" Juno can lights installed in front of my screen about 17-18". They will be used with fishball directional trim rings however.

Far from being done with construction, but in testing it looks like the desired lighting effect is close to what I want.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.