AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about electronics and need your help. I purchased some 16 gauge 4 conductor speaker wire and need to know if polarity is critical when hooking the 2 speakers up. The wires are color coded red, black, green and white. If I use red as "+" and black as "-" for one speaker, and white as "+" and green as "-" for the other speaker and hook them up with the same configuration to the receiver, am I okay?

Aloha,

Kathy

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Receiver to speaker polarity is important, but with respect to the wire, it doesn't matter what colors you use. Just make sure + and - on the receiver are connected (respectively) to + and - on the speakers. The color code you mentioned will work fine...

·
Registered
16,977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2G-Unit /forum/post/0

now when he twists the wires together it should bring the gauge to about 13 right??

If he was going to twist them together, that is correct.

However, the OP is not twisting the wires together in his application. He's using 2 of the 4 wires for one speaker and the other 2 wires for his other speaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.