AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
stupid question, is tc sounds out of business again? was pe the only place to buy tc sounds before they dropped the line?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Always hated it when people by a item going out of stock to price gouge it after its gone.
Wow... that's overpriced. Nice. Good luck with that.
Hmmmm, didn't expect to encounter such immaturity and hostility on a seemingly intellgient forum.

This driver is $925 normally, offered at $750 for only a weeks time. This driver is officially gone for good. It's called supply and demand.

Must I remind you, shipping this driver is going to cost AT LEAST $100. Paypal fees are $30. So, $130 + 750 (price I paid) = $880 minimum. SHAME ON ME for marking up $100, MAN I AM SUCH A PRICE GOUGER.

If you buy four of these from me you are going to get them for what they originally sold at on PE while they were still in stock, $925 per shipped.

So if you buy all four of these drivers from me, I am not even making $200.

I think that is PRETTY good pricing for a driver you can no longer get, and these are brand new...

If you have a problem with my pricing please just move on, thanks.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hmmmm, didn't expect to encounter such immaturity and hostility on a seemingly intellgient forum.

This driver is $925 normally, offered at $750 for only a weeks time. This driver is officially gone for good. It's called supply and demand.

Must I remind you, shipping this driver is going to cost AT LEAST $100. Paypal fees are $30. So, $130 + 750 (price I paid) = $880 minimum. SHAME ON ME for marking up $100, MAN I AM SUCH A PRICE GOUGER.

If you buy four of these from me you are going to get them for what they originally sold at on PE while they were still in stock, $925 per shipped.

I think that is PRETTY good pricing for a driver you can no longer get, and these are brand new...

Thanks for the new spelling of intelligent. Really made your point there.

Also loved the lesson on supply and demand. Adam Smith an ancestor of yours?

All snark aside, this isn't the kind of place that people with no posts or credibility come along and sell items for over retail. That's what ebay is for. This is the place where people sell items for not top dollar but to people they can expect to trust and will enjoy the item. Everyone here knows the driver. Everyone here respects the driver. Same can't be said of the OP.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
This is the place where people sell items for not top dollar but to people they can expect to trust and will enjoy the item.
I guess I should have put my 2400 watt Submersives up for more than 1600? Damn I need a lesson in marketing, how to make "Dat Dolla." My concern in the sale is a happy buyer as much as I want to sell and get new gear, seriously.

AVS community is a great place and we protect our own ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the new spelling of intelligent. Really made your point there.

Also loved the lesson on supply and demand. Adam Smith an ancestor of yours?

All snark aside, this isn't the kind of place that people with no posts or credibility come along and sell items for over retail. That's what ebay is for. This is the place where people sell items for not top dollar but to people they can expect to trust and will enjoy the item. Everyone here knows the driver. Everyone here respects the driver. Same can't be said of the OP.
Really? You had to mention a typo? Geez you people are really grasping at straws here.

I understand I don't have a high post count, or am not well known on this forum.

but I handed out my phone number, all it would take is a simple phone call from a serious buyer to know that I am a good person.

Glad to know you are all so welcoming to new people here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess that makes you a pretty bad business person if the situation is really as bleak as you paint it. Hopefully UPS will dole out some karma.
Wishing for a shipping company to break my product? Karma? Wow, this forum has some real classy people here.

I expected these kind of responses from facebook groups, not a forum like this. I am quite disappointed in the responses I have received from this post.

I understand I am new, but damn.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to recap some things. This post has been up for roughly 24 hours now, and already I have been told these things:

I hope you lose big time money on your woofers.
I hope UPS breaks your subs
You are a price gouger
You made fun of me for a typo

This is shameful, you are all acting like I am asking 10x the price of these woofers. You are the type of people who ruin audio.
I come from car audio forums/industry, and have been getting interested in home theater audio. I have sold tens of thousands of audio equipment, with 100% feed back and very VERY happy customers/clients. Needless to say I'm DEFINITELY not coming here for any advice.

·
Registered
14,564 Posts
I think some folks here are upset because it is clear your intent was to buy these and resale for a profit. This section is not really a place for marking a product up to make money. You might try eBay or Craig's list. I am not going to bash you for trying to make a buck so glws.

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Just to recap some things. This post has been up for roughly 24 hours now, and already I have been told these things:

I hope you lose big time money on your woofers.
I hope UPS breaks your subs
You are a price gouger
You made fun of me for a typo

This is shameful, you are all acting like I am asking 10x the price of these woofers. You are the type of people who ruin audio.
I come from car audio forums/industry, and have been getting interested in home theater audio. I have sold tens of thousands of audio equipment, with 100% feed back and very VERY happy customers/clients. Needless to say I'm DEFINITELY not coming here for any advice.
Well at least you've getting the message that your particular business model isn't welcome here. I gotta give you credit for that.

·
Registered
476 Posts
These are technically used, since you purchased them and opened them in your home. That is automatic grounds for selling them under MSRP already. There is no profit to be made here. Many users here buy extra drivers and never end up using them, and sell them for a good 15-20% off msrp to ensure a quick sale to a friendly forum member who will enjoy them. Your tactics are best used on sites like Ebay, as you will only get crickets here. :cool:

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Look, we know what you're up to low post count or not. It's pretty rotten buying out a bunch of new drivers just to put them up for sale at no discount. What was the point of doing this? Nevermind. Don't answer that.

Just fyi, these went up to nearly $1,000 a piece brand new shipped but never actually reached that price. You're gouging. These have been ~$750 shipped brand new for many years. I don't need a lesson on supply and demand. We see right through you, mister.

Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Look, we know what you're up to low post count or not. It's pretty rotten buying out a bunch of new drivers just to put them up for sale at no discount. What was the point of doing this? Nevermind. Don't answer that.

Just fyi, these went up to nearly $1,000 a piece brand new shipped but never actually reached that price. You're gouging. These have been ~$750 shipped brand new for many years. I don't need a lesson on supply and demand. We see right through you, mister.

Good luck with your sale.
I actually linked Amazon 3 weeks ago on the JTR speaker thread in which this driver was like 758 +16.99 shipping. It's obviously a great driver, some have called it the worlds best 18" woofer. But me I tap out at the likes of an HST18 or UXL type cost/performance. Plenty good enough for me :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.