AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I'd like to do in my current setup.

What can I put in the middle that will not cost me $1,000?

I do not have external speakers yet, and my headphones are TurtleBeach X41

I'd like to have ability to chose the video output to go to either the TV or the projected, and the audio output to go to speakers or headphones

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayWithFire /forum/post/20876838

Here's what I'd like to do in my current setup.

What can I put in the middle that will not cost me $1,000?

I do not have external speakers yet, and my headphones are TurtleBeach X41

I'd like to have ability to chose the video output to go to either the TV or the projected, and the audio output to go to speakers or headphones

The Yamaha A1000 will do all that except 5.1 optical out and is on closeout sale right now. Due to copywrite protection almost all receivers only output 2 channel from analog sources thru digital out.

·
Registered
29,307 Posts
Does the Yamaha A1000 do simultaneous HDMI out? If you dont need simulataneous output I think the Yammy 867 can be had for much cheaper and also has dual HDMI outputs.

I don't think I've seen any receiver with dual optical outputs. and I doubt you get 5.1 coming from HDMI to optical.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/20878390

Does the Yamaha A1000 do simultaneous HDMI out? If you dont need simulataneous output I think the Yammy 867 can be had for much cheaper and also has dual HDMI outputs.

I don't think I've seen any receiver with dual optical outputs. and I doubt you get 5.1 coming from HDMI to optical.

The only reason I picked the a1000 over the 867 is the toslink out.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
I don't understand the optical out to 5.1 in your diagram. If you get a receiver, it will power the speakers in a 5.1 set-up. No need for optical out to another box for that.

If you don't need to feed both displays simultaneously, then a single HDMI output and a switch should meet your needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.