AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody located a good and reasonably pricced consumer HDTV Compatible 4+ In- 1 Out Component Video Switcher?

Audio Authority has this solution really meant for dealer showrooms, but only $49 plus $30 for power supply nad cables:

The Component Video and Digital Audio Source Switcher

The Model 954 will allow your component sources to show their true colors, not to mention your choice of optical TosLink® or PCM coax connectors for digital audio. Don’t get left behind in the new era of television!
http://www.audioauthority.com/

Any others?

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Audio Authority has this solution really meant for dealer showrooms, but only $49 plus $30 for power supply nad cables:"

Murray can't type!!!

CORRECTION: only $149 $149 $149 $149 $149 $149 $149 $149 plus $30 for power supply and cables.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Unfortunately, the terms "good and reasonably priced" are not compatible in this case.

Extron has the SW4ARxi, 4 in, 1 out, 350Mhz bandwidth, $575. To add remote control capability, add $425 more.

There are others from Altinex, Inline, etc., but expect them to be in the same general price range. The AA is probably the best value.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

[This message has been edited by Ken H (edited 08-27-2001).]

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nowknown,

Are you currently using the Radio Shack Audio/Video 3-Way Selector CAT #15-1587 as a 3 in 1 out "HDTV Component Video Swither"?

With what 3 souces exactly?

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
mkerdman. I just have my Dish 6000 and my PS2 hooked up right now. Both look just as good as direct hookup - to this untrained eye. Hell, give it a shot for $30.

If you don't like it, take it back, no?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Hell, give it a shot for $30.

If you don't like it, take it back, no?"

Worth a shot- but it's hard to believe that the RS device is not limiting the bandwidth to your Dish 6000 on HDTV.

What kind of display/TV do you have?

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
171 Posts
Target sells a 4 in, 1 out switcher that includes s-video for less than $30. Is the GE AV93294. I don't think bandwidth is an issue since it is mechanical and is merely acting to connect the cables. The downside, I think, would be a possible poor connection and the switcher will eventually wear out.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
The use of mechanical switchers (like the ones mentioned here) has been discussed before, do a search for component switching and you'll find a wealth of information on this topic.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is it the concesous view that the mechanical switches like the RAdio Shack, GE and others mentioned do the job without signal degradation or bandwidth limitation?

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
957 Posts
I purchased a Extron SW4AR on Ebay for a very reasonable price (read that well under $100 with shipping) Per Extron the bandwidth on this switch is 300Mhz. Mine works great and when I push the button I know the connection is good unlike the pushbutton mechanical switch I replaced.

Rick

------------------

RJW

[This message has been edited by wezar (edited 08-28-2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.