AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for suggestions regarding a 4 surround set up.

I currently own 4 klipsch quintets (hey, i got em cheap and it was first step towards this awful habit =) )

I recently put a down payment on some RF-3 mains.

So I was thinking of putting my extra 2 quins in the back as surrounds.

Currently I have the 2 rears on stands, but if you know the quins you know you can mount them on the wall in an endless variety of positions.

So, I was thinking of mounting them in pairs vertically on my back wall, aim the lower speakers towards the front of the room, and the higher speakers towards each other. I would run the wiring through a series.

What do you think the results will be?

Or should I just try it and find out? =)

Thanks for reading.........

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
I have pairs of series-wired surrounds, and it does improve the surround effect, IMO. Do give it a try.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ears,

What is your output source? If you plan on upgrading to a 6.1 system several companies will provide a surround A & B channel that can be run at the same time plus you will get the surround Back channel (either 1 or 2 speakers). My Denon has this option but I need to still add in the B surround speakers. Currently I run L&R side surrounds w/ L&R surround Backs. This gives me 4 speakers (3 discreet channels) in the back with the front L&R and then center. I want to add in the B surrounds next and fly them above my listening area.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'm going to be using a Denon AVR 1803. I have 5 Energy speakers that are available for use in the rear. I also have an older Denon AVR 600 ProLogic receiver that I can also use in the system. My questions: How can I utilze the 5 Energy speakers in the rear and how can I utilize the old receiver? Finally, how do I connect speakers in series?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.