AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have 4 sanway fp10000s for sale. They are probably 1.5 years old, and have been used maybe only half of that time. Ill explain... I have a sound production company and i used them to run biamp monitors. I dont rent out to people, i am the only one who operates the gear. Anyway, i only do shows from spring till fall, on the weekends, the rest of the time they sat , racked in a heated shop. They are physically in great shape, always properly powered and never abused. I am asking $600 cdn each (currently the us dollar is strong) making this a great deal. Price break on multiple amps is possible and offers are welcome. I am located in ottawa canada, shipping, duties, and taxes are on you. Email me for pictures. Thanks. shane "at" bssproductions.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey guys, getting some responses and request for shipping quotes...
Im not sure what shipping would be, the amps are about 15-20 lbs maybe packaged?
Ottawa is 30 minutes north of ogdensburg ny 13669, if you want to use that for a shipping calc estimate...
btw I checked exchange rates and $600 cdn is about $475 usd.
Like i say, they are in great shape, and obviously in working condition.
Id add the picture here, but it doesnt seem that i can , at least from my phone so email me for that...
Thanks

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
hey guys, getting some responses and request for shipping quotes...
Im not sure what shipping would be, the amps are about 15-20 lbs maybe packaged?
Ottawa is 30 minutes north of ogdensburg ny 13669, if you want to use that for a shipping calc estimate...
btw I checked exchange rates and $600 cdn is about $475 usd.
Like i say, they are in great shape, and obviously in working condition.
Id add the picture here, but it doesnt seem that i can , at least from my phone so email me for that...
Thanks
So are you selling these for $475 us dollars:eek: I just bought another inuke6000dsp. Looks like a return is imminent. Do you still have one for sale?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there if you have not heard from me yet, please email me
[email protected]
The buyer i was holding 4 for, cannot take all four at asking price.
I am asking $600 cdn (thats what i need in my hand after exchange). Figure on $1.21 rate to sell american to the bank, which means about $495 usd.
Please email me. They are out of my rack and ready to ship.
Cheers
Sp

·
Banned
598 Posts
I just wanted to add a note for future reference. I was the buyer that had inquired about all 4 amps. I had asked about all 4 because in the original post Shane (Canuck1969) had mentioned he might be willing to give a discount on multiples. After I contacted him he explained that he had several interested parties so was no longer willing to give a discount. This was fine and I inquired about still purchasing 2 at full asking price. Shane agreed and we had a verbal agreement for 2 of the Sanways. I received an e-mail today with Shane telling me he had sold all 4 to a local buyer instead.

I understand the it was more convenient to sell to a local buyer, but at the same time fairly dishonest to make a verbal agreement with someone and back out because something better came along.

Shane was always polite and easy to deal with, up until that last bit. So anyone who might have dealings with him in the future should keep that in mind. He's great to work with, unless something better comes along.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Circumstances can change with sales online - ppl bail on the purchase or flip flop on the decision. First person with money sent or most cash in hand gets the sale. Business is business - keep the emotions out of it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Circumstances can change with sales online - ppl bail on the purchase or flip flop on the decision. First person with money sent or most cash in hand gets the sale. Business is business - keep the emotions out of it.
Still... a quick heads-up email would've been nice. Not cool, IMO... :serious:

·
Banned
598 Posts
Emotions are out of it. Buying and selling online in a place like the AVS forum classifieds, ebay, US/Canda Audio Mart, Audiogon, Craigslist, etc all depend on your reputation. When all you have is verbal "handshake" agreements to go on, they can make or break your reputation as someone to do business with. Now, I'm not saying Shane is going to be buying and selling a lot on here or elsewhere online or that my review of our interaction will affect him whatsoever. I'm also not trying to bad mouth him, but for posterity the fact that he backed out of our verbal agreement should be known. People can make their own decisions from there, but at least it will be with all the information.

If you're ok with that sort of thing, then that's something personal to you. I tend to hold people to a little bit higher standard, but that's just me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Emotions are out of it. Buying and selling online in a place like the AVS forum classifieds, ebay, US/Canda Audio Mart, Audiogon, Craigslist, etc all depend on your reputation. When all you have is verbal "handshake" agreements to go on, they can make or break your reputation as someone to do business with. Now, I'm not saying Shane is going to be buying and selling a lot on here or elsewhere online or that my review of our interaction will affect him whatsoever. I'm also not trying to bad mouth him, but for posterity the fact that he backed out of our verbal agreement should be known. People can make their own decisions from there, but at least it will be with all the information.

If you're ok with that sort of thing, then that's something personal to you. I tend to hold people to a little bit higher standard, but that's just me.
A few months ago I would have completely agreed with you. I just had a few bad sales over a verbal or "virtual" handshake that left me high and dry - so for me its not a done deal until i have money in my pp account or in my hand.

You arent wrong by any means, i just disagree based on personal events.

·
Banned
598 Posts
A few months ago I would have completely agreed with you. I just had a few bad sales over a verbal or "virtual" handshake that left me high and dry - so for me its not a done deal until i have money in my pp account or in my hand.

You arent wrong by any means, i just disagree based on personal events.
I'm with you more or less. It happens, and I've definitely been burned buying and selling. However, right is right and wrong is wrong in my mind and getting called out on it, even if it doesn't lead to anything, is still better than the ol' shrug of the shoulders, which reinforces the behavior and that person's belief that it's either not a big deal, or there's nothing wrong with it. Which I just can't ever get on board with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone, all the amps have now sold. My apologies to alex for feeling he was "jilted". I could have easily told him i wasnt selling or changed my mind, but i opted to tell him i was going with a local buyer instead (where i will not incurr any auxillary costs (gas/time/money)) At any rate, i will be moving 4 , fp14ks at the end of this production season (october)... Probably 6-8 uses total, so great condition, light use and obviously working... I changed their cord end to supply 30 amps per, so well powered. If you'll be in the market in the fall, keep me in mind. Thanks all

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
I received the amp today that I purchased from Shane, it was packed well and was in as described condition. All in all Shane was a pleasure to deal with. Glad I took the chance on the new member of the forum.
Thank you,

Ivor

Reactions: bouf0010
1 - 20 of 20 Posts