AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am wiring my new house for cable. I will have Comcast cable and internet service, and I would like to use two HD televisions and my cable modem.

Am I better off running two 2-way splitters, with the modem connected off the first splitter and then a line to a second splitter for the two televisions, or am I better off using a single 4-way splitter and running a line to each device?

Also, do I need to purchase a 2Ghz splitter?

Thanks,

~Ferox

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Get a splitter from the cable guy if you can. Most of them will give you one. 2 * 2way, a 3way or a 4way really shouldn't matter. You should have plenty of signal to go around.

·
Registered
590 Posts
+1 for Ollyteddy's recommendation. All I can add is get a splitter that has the proper outputs as needed for the application. In your case a 3 way splitter would be correct. As your run your cable use a quality 75 Ohm RG6 tri or quad shield cable. Use quality compression connectors crafted with the proper tools. If you don't invest in good tools you will compromise the installation and you will have service issues. Also don't compromise the integrity of the coax cable, RG6 cable should have bends greater than 5 inches and shouldn't be stapled, or secured in any way that changes the shape of the cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts