AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 40-46" LCD that has both Cable Card and a GOOD EPG.

I was most interested in the Mitsubishi LT-46131 until I told my wife that she would miss the scrolling cable guide using the Cable Card. Cable Card is REALLY desired here. I don't care about the features I am losing, except the scrolling guide on cable.

This is for a beach rental and I need to make it easy to use for our guests, so Cable Card is a must - limit the number of remotes.

I checked Samsung and Sony and I did not see them advertise the TV Guide EPG, so I am assuming they don't have it.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
No, Sony/Samsung does not offer EPG's with CableCard. Have you looked at the JVC LCD's? People have been saying that those are very good and free the the problems that affect the Sony/Samsung and Sharp sets.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So which JVC are you recommending that has Cable Card and EPG that works reasonably well?

I also enjoy the Beach house 6 weeks out of the year. I guess as long as it handles 720p or 1080i signal reasonably well, this is good enough. 1080p is my preference though.

TIA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.