AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this might deserve its own thread since the TMT5 thread is getting pretty big anyway.

Arcsoft is offering 40% off now until Monday on software purchases. For those who had TMT3 Platinum, that means you can upgrade to TMT5 for $30. (Regular $50). Just use code "CYBER2010"

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975
did TMT5 drop HD-DVD?

I currently use PowerDVD 7.3. Is there anything new that TMT does to make it worth it? As of now, i can listen to TrueHD or DTS-HD (albeit @ 16/48) via analog.
I'm not sure as I don't have any HD-DVD's but swoon! posted a mini write-up reviewing TMT5 that might be helpful.

http://www.missingremote.com/review/...-theatre-5#new

I am quite happy with it. The interface integrates with WMC much better than TMT3 did and it seems a bit snappier all around.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975
did TMT5 drop HD-DVD?

I currently use PowerDVD 7.3. Is there anything new that TMT does to make it worth it? As of now, i can listen to TrueHD or DTS-HD (albeit @ 16/48) via analog.
I also use PowerDVD 7.3 via analog and have just paid $60 after discount to get TMT5. Although I have had pretty stable playback for blu-ray using AnyDVD, I have trouble playing back Universal HD DVD titles as the menu overlay never disappears, as well as a few other querks like "no disk in drive" while AnyDVD is reading the disk initially.

My main reason for jumping on TMT5 is a fresh codebase, better support moving forward, ability to keep playing HD DVD, and the hope of 24/96 audio support using tweaks with reclock, and the 40% discount was enough incentive to lock in.

TMT5 also has 3D support, play disk from folder and media center integration, and there does not seem to be any quality difference between the two.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Thanks! I'll consider the jump to TMT5.

My PowerDVD 7.3 also doesn't handle HD-DVD well at all, but it does play BD's fine with or without AnyDVD. Still, I have a feeling that the program is going to self-destruct any day now...as quite often small (non-download/install) updates come out all the time, and I think it's only a matter of time before Cyberlink breaks it (as it's what, 3+ years old?).

·
Registered
869 Posts
You will be OK as long as you don't update your PDVD. If its a dedicated HTPC there is no need to update, AnyDVD will sort out the Blu-ray encryption updates.

The biggest hope for my upgrade is to get 24/96 over analog which was never going to be possible with PDVD (I use a Lynx 2B pro-audio card so get excellent quality over analog), although I have not set it up with reclock yet.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I just finished the HD-DVD of MI:III and there were no issues other than the mouse pointer staying visible which I mentioned in the TMT5 Thread.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E. Fox, II /forum/post/19554994

I just finished the HD-DVD of MI:III and there were no issues other than the mouse pointer staying visible which I mentioned in the TMT5 Thread.

Hmmm I just looked at HD-DVD "2001" and no problem w/mouse cursor--it disappears in less than a second. Do you have the "Arcsoft Mouse Solution" enabled?

·
Registered
620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan /forum/post/19557352

Hmmm I just looked at HD-DVD "2001" and no problem w/mouse cursor--it disappears in less than a second. Do you have the "Arcsoft Mouse Solution" enabled?

Hmm...not even sure what that is. My mouse pointer goes away but comes back and then stays there. I have to physically shift it to the extreme left or right side but I can still see the white sliver.

It's annoying 'cause I know it's not supposed to be there, and wasn't in TMT3, but a minor gripe that I'm sure I'll be able to overcome at some point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.