AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a current Plasma TV that is only 39 across? I've yet to see a 40 Plasma, but I see some of the 42 that are really close to that size. The cabinet space the TV will be placed is exactly 39 wide.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Stick /forum/post/17043061

Does anyone know of a current Plasma TV that is only 39 across? I've yet to see a 40 Plasma, but I see some of the 42 that are really close to that size. The cabinet space the TV will be placed is exactly 39 wide.

There doesn't seem to be any Plasmas that will fit in your cabinet space. The narrowest Plasma i'm aware of is the 42" Panasonic PF11UK Industrial Monitor (40.2" wide), then there's the S1 and G10/G15 models at 40.6" wide.

If there's absolutely no way to modify the cabinet or otherwise make the Plasma work, the new 37" Panasonic 1080p LCD TV looks pretty good and it would fit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
randy gives a good suggestion, but i think there are a number of good 40" LCDs that might result in a compromise for your situation.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Randy mentioned the 42" professional model. I was looking at Panasonic's web site about 4-5 weeks ago and they still showed the 37" professional model plasma. There is a possiblity that this is actually discontinued as I haven't seen it listed in anyone's inventory in a while. I had a similar experience 3 years ago. Had a beautiful heavy oak cabinet that was perfect for my 35" Toshiba CRT purchase in 1995. Cabinet had pocket doors and when open (pushed back into the cabinet, had exactly 39.5 inches between the doors. The Pansonic 42" models were all 40.2 inches (same as the current professional model) that yeaar and that .7 inches was driving me nuts. The 37" that year would work but I was greedy and wanted 42". Finally took the pocket doors off of their rails. The would sit securely in their spot when I picked them up and placed them there when my wife wanted the doors closed. Would remove and sit behind the cainet when we watched TV. Don't know if that leads you to any creative ideas or not.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hmm glad I found this thread even though it throws a kink in my plans. I have a pretty nice entertainment cabinet that holds a 36" CRT fine but I really am ready to make the jump to HD especially since I only record HD now with Tivo HDs on Fios. Unfortunately the unit is exactly 38.5 wide and I was hoping to get a 40" since eventually it would be moved in my bedroom to replace my 32" CRT. From everything I have read the 40" is comparable to the 32" CRT just wider of course and I didn't want to go any smaller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.