AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The room is 16 x 12 x 10 (vaulted 8ft to 12ft).

I've heard good things about the Emotiva 12 (430), allison 10 (160 x 2 maybe), pl-200 (289shipped, but primarily HT), VK-12 (allegedly the musical of the bic's).

I suppose this is a mixed question since I've heard the P363's have a 4ohm area and am concerned about the need for more power..whether or not adding the sub alleviates some of the need (bumping the x-over). Any suggestions?

I should also note that since this is the master bedroom..placement is probably limited to the front right or left of the bedroom..where the TV stand currently sits.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1981 /forum/post/20857939

Presuming the room is fairly well sealed, the Emotiva will probably provide all the output you would want from a bedroom system without being terribly conspicuous. I'd also consider the Hsu STF-1 and 2, depending on how much output/extension you're looking for and how much size/aesthetics affects the decision. I'm not particularly familiar with your other options.

Also, it is true that adding a subwoofer and utilizing your receiver's bass management will take considerable strain off the receiver's amplifiers as well as the speakers.

speaking of subs...did you feel that earthquake just now?

·
Registered
213 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.