AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own PSB G-design bookshelfs and centre with in wall PSB surrounds all powered by a Emotiva UPA-5 amp. I am happy with the sound of the PSB's at moderate volumes however they begin to sound strained at high volumes.

I am only looking to replace the front 3 speakers only. My budget is $4k for all 3. The problem I am having is the center speaker must be smaller than 8.5"H x 25.5"W. I am looking for speakers that will sound better than what I have currently at high volumes. What speakers should I audition that have a center that will fit in my wall unit?

·
Registered
334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkatraz /forum/post/20849331

I currently own PSB G-design bookshelfs and centre with in wall PSB surrounds all powered by a Emotiva UPA-5 amp. I am happy with the sound of the PSB's at moderate volumes however they begin to sound strained at high volumes.

I am only looking to replace the front 3 speakers only. My budget is $4k for all 3. The problem I am having is the center speaker must be smaller than 8.5"H x 25.5"W. I am looking for speakers that will sound better than what I have currently at high volumes. What speakers should I audition that have a center that will fit in my wall unit?

I wound suggest the latest Dynaudio Focus line which will sound far much better than your current PSB G-design. They are neutral, natural, musical with excellent imaging and soundstage ideal for both HT and stereo listening. setups.

Focus 160 Bookshelf $2,900/pr MSRP

Focus 210C Center $1,800/ea MSRP (W x H x D): 25.2"W x 6.8"H x 11.2"D

Usually you will get a 10-15% discount and thus they are well within your budget. Please find a dealer to setup a demo for you, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Talk a look at the SalkSound Veracity HT2 monitors. Since they are custom built Jim can make sure that the center fits your requirements.

If slightly over budget, consider the SongTower series instead.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Aerial 5B's and an Aerial CC-3B center. $2200 for the bookshelves and $1800 for the center. One caution they are power hogs so you'll need some juice to run them properly. However Aerial centers are rated as with the best out there. And the 5's are great bookshelves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.