AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replay renamed the bitmaps in the newer recorders which explains why the credits panel could not be accessed using flipflops manual time set http://www.geocities.com/flipflop7146/#clock

Attached is an untested version of flipflops manual time hack with the bitmap renamed for use on 4000 4500 and 5000 series recorders only.

EDIT - The hack didn't work so I deleted attachment.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
I haven't tried this mainly because I'm too lazy to dig my replay's

out of the media center. A while back I vaguely remember some

.g2 signature files which folks mentioned were signature verification

files. Were these files applicable to simple-settime.panel as well

or is this file not checked?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a report the hack failed to access easter egg screen. I changed

"customizeBackdrop.bmx" > to "customizeBackdrop.bmp" on this version.

Please post back if you try it.

EDIT - So sorry everyone. I'm an IDIOTTT!!!!!

VS 3 will be attached to next post!

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I keep making mistakes with this bitmap business. I don't have a newer recorder so I can't debug this myself.

If this vs. doesn't work the problem is other than the assigned bitmap.

4000 4500 5000 replaytv_manual_clock_set vs3.zip 2.197265625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did anyone try vs3? With display brightness screen in view and 888 "zones" entered, does a new window open? Do you see flipflops time change display? Were you able to change the recorder time?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The earliest I can try any of these is this weekend (probably Sunday), as I am very busy this week. But I'll bet the problem turns out to be a needed (and missing, or incorrect) *.g2 file to match the panel file.:(

·
Registered
478 Posts
bump

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by t.d.
The earliest I can try any of these is this weekend (probably Sunday), as I am very busy this week. But I'll bet the problem turns out to be a needed (and missing, or incorrect) *.g2 file to match the panel file.:(
May I ask how those "in the know" mount the system partitions to be able to view files and such? Does it require mounting the partition from Linux? If so, is it possible to mount the image I grabbed with RTVPatch or do I have to mount the drive directly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Replay files can be extracted and written to using extract_rtv http://www.geocities.com/flipflop7146/

The replay drive is accessible using a WIN NT operating system such at NT, win2000 and XP.

You can also access replay files using the linux boot disk method and the linux extract_rtv program on win95,98 and winme PC.

For example you can mount and extract all the files in a image on a NT PC using the following command through a DOS window. extract-rtv and disk image must be in same directory. I place extract_rtv and the image in a folder before extracting to contain extracted files.

extract_rtv image -e

image = disk image file name

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Anyway to access these files through the ethernet jack?

·
Registered
167 Posts
This seems like a waste of time to me. I understand the desire to verify that we can set the time, but I don't see a reason for urgency given that D&M has bought the ReplayTV assets and has committed to continuing the service. I might understand an increased interest in proxying Rns to prevent a feature "downgrade" from coming down the pipe, but that's not what you're talking about.

I agree with sfhub -- according to jtl, one of the many lockdown in the 4.3 software was the signing of the panel files. So aside from idle curiosity, I don't understand why anyone would expect this to work. If you look on jtl's replay twiki, under the "hacked panels" section, it says "WARNING: Don't try this method with GaeaSoftware 4.3".

To AmazinglySmooth's question, I'm not sure, but I think the answer is yes. If you do the RnsProxy, you can send shell commands via the nightly update. I think you can use a shell command to start the ftp server on your replay, and then ftp to it from your PC. I base all this on information in jtl's twiki, so please heed the many warning contained there...

Running Shell commands
RnsProxy
Enabling FTP

--Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.