AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've posted several problems over the past couple of weeks but I think I'm narrowing it down. I have a 4040 + a 160G. A week or so ago I started getting hangs after deleting shows & reboots started taking a very long time.

Over the weekend I pulled out both drive. I backed them up. Ran powermax against both (both certified OK) and low level formated boot. Reimaged the drives... RTVPatch had an interesting log statement:

\\\\.\\PhysicalDrive3 (Unknown) : There appears to be a seek overflow problem on this drive, interesting!

Yes, its interesting, so what? I hooked everything back up. While I was getting everything working again all I had connected was video out to my tv. Everything worked fine and the menus were much snappier than they ever were before. After connecting the rest of the cables it went back to long boots and sluggish menus.

I think I've narrowed it down to the network cable. I've tried forcing it to 10Mb (10mb hub) and on 100Mb but boots hang on both. The only thing that works is to boot it with the network unplugged and then plug it in later.

Is my NIC going bad or could this be a power problem?

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Have you verified DHCP (if applicable) is working properly through the cable

connected to your replay? Same for the DNS your replay is configured to

use.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, it has a static ip. I'll check out the DNS when I get home. Thanks, don't know why I didn't think of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.