AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on another forum, but since this is by far the most popular place, I thought I'd ask here also.

Assuming that a reasonable upgrade from the Sony 400Q would be the Sanyo PLV-60HT, can anyone who's had both give me a comparison between the two? How impressed were you with brightness, contrast, detail, screendoor, etc., between the 400Q and the Sanyo. I'm close to making a decision and I'm curious to what differences I might see.

Thanks,

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Being newer technology it is fair to say that the Sanyo is a good improvement. The only thing that the W400Q does better than the Sanyo and at that better than most if not all LCD projectors is lacking the screendoor effect. Due to its unusual pixel arrangement the screendoor effect is eliminated. Other than that the Sanyo should have the upper hand.

Consider this a small bump too http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

PS I too will consider an upgrade but not now and probably to DLP when the quirks are all gone since it seems that DLP is the future of digital projectors unfortunately I can stand rainbows so I have to wait. Also my W400Q is so nicely tweaked that I can live with it a lot longer till things are the way I want.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luis Gabriel Gerena wrote: "....Also my W400Q is so nicely tweaked that I can live with it a lot longer till things are the way I want."

Mine was too, but it died a while ago. I can't imagine it costing less than $500 to fix, and probably more. I'd rather throw that money after a new projector. (Wanna buy a long throw lens?)

Thanks,

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Did you try to determine why it die? Maybe you can post the events prior to its death in the Big Picture W400Q forum and ask for Dan Baught which works for Sony. Maybe it is not that expensive to fix and you can either fix it or sell it telling the buyer what the problem is and the cost for repairs. Just an idea...I can't take a dead W400Q its to hard to accept.. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.