AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just installed my 40XBR800 and that is one big TV. I have a couple of quick questions.

When watching a DVD the colors are great but I notice pixelation when things are fast moving or very detailed., I never notice this on my other 32†analog TV I am hooked up using component cables.

When watching 16:9 there is a faint line across the bottom of the picture and the top edge just looks blurred is this normal?

Also digital Cable is not as clear/clean as it was my old TV is there anything I can do, Or is just the price I pay for having a bigger TV?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is because of the internal DRC circuitry that "up-samples" 480i material to resolution of the TV.

This is a major complaint I have with a lot of these sets (I own the same one). The line doubling circuitry really sucks and doesn't scale the image properly.

As near as I can tell, you only have two option: Purchase a high end video processor, such as the Focus CS-1 (check the video processor forum for more info), or do what I did and setup an HTPC with DScaler in between your digital cable box and your TV.

·
Registered
116 Posts
illumin8,

I'm considering the same setup as you: 40XBR800 and HTPC. I was watching a couple of DVDs with an interlaced DVD player through S-Video today, and it wasn't that bad to me. But, I know it can be better.

My question to you is, are you using the DVI connection on the XBR, and what are you using to connect your cable box and the HTPC? Are you connecting via S-Video? I'll assume from your response that you are much happier with this setup?

Any comments on this would be appreciated! THANX!

Bryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.