AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forum and have found instructions on how to get into the 34XBR800 service menu, and I am wondering if the 40 uses the same software? After doing AVIA I am pretty pleased but there seems to be a slight Clockwise rotation with the picture, that I wanted to clear up. If any one has other suggestions as to adjustments they have made in the Service Menu my ears are open. Thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by flynbw01
I've searched the forum and have found instructions on how to get into the 34XBR800 service menu, and I am wondering if the 40 uses the same software? After doing AVIA I am pretty pleased but there seems to be a slight Clockwise rotation with the picture, that I wanted to clear up. If any one has other suggestions as to adjustments they have made in the Service Menu my ears are open. Thanks
The 34XBR800 has a tilt correction in the main user menu. Do

Menu|Setup to see it, assuming it is in the 40, that is.

Phil

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right, I found it last night. I must have just skipped right over it before. Thanks for the response. One other problem I saw when viewing the Cross Hatch pattern on AVIA was what appeared to be a "bulge" of the horizontal lines at the top of the tube. I have a feeling that this is a common distortion in CRT's, but there is a much smaller less noticible "bulge" on the lower most horizontal line. Is there an option in the service menu to adjust this distortion?? Also of note, I have a Polk CS400 center speaker above and now about 8-10 inches behind the front of the Screen (Not a perfect set up, but I'm working on a new shelf to bring the speaker flush). I am wondering if this distortion could be cause by a magnetic field from the speaker. The speaker is "shielded" but I am curious as to whether the speaker is shielded from the front, or just the sides, bottom/top, and back? Thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
To answer your question about getting into the service menus on the 40XBR800, I believe it is the same as the 34. What I do is:

Starting with the TV off: Hit in sequence pretty quickly Display, 5, Vol +, Power.

Voila! It turns on with a bunch of funky stuff on-screen, because you're now in service mode. :) You leave service mode by turning the TV off. I don't feel like fully detailing how to use service mode here because that's already been discussed to death elsewhere on this forum and on other sites but it's actually pretty simple once you've navigated around in it for a bit. I will say that once you've gotten brave enough to actually start making changes in service mode that you should make sure to remember to actually write them into memory as you get them set to something you're happy with because they'll be lost when you turn off the TV if you don't. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.